Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini apes

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Fallenares
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Carlini apes

I bought some 14" 1.25 carlini pist apes and I noticed they were not knurled. I was going to put them on my breakout with a cvo riser but I'm kind of worried about the bars slipping and moving in the riser. Does anyone know if they can be knurled and where would I take them. I called a couple of machine shops but they said they couldn't do it. I called carlini and they said I could drill and tap the risers and use set screws. That's what they use on their risers. Any ideas besides getting rid of the bars, I like them.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fallenares
I bought some 14" 1.25 carlini pist apes and I noticed they were not knurled. I was going to put them on my breakout with a cvo riser but I'm kind of worried about the bars slipping and moving in the riser. Does anyone know if they can be knurled and where would I take them. I called a couple of machine shops but they said they couldn't do it. I called carlini and they said I could drill and tap the risers and use set screws. That's what they use on their risers. Any ideas besides getting rid of the bars, I like them.
24v has the same apes and has no problems. He posts daily here, just search through one of the Breakout post, you can't miss his Red Breakout with Carlini Apes!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:50 PM
sLow5Rider
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got my Evil Apes a few months ago. I don't remember them coming knurled either. I just tightened the riser clamp as tight as I could and they don't budge at all.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:48 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

My 14" 1.5 Gangsters aren't knurled. Torqued them down to spec, and they're solid. I've had them on there for a little over a year now.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:34 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive had mine for 2 years and they are solid. I do have their risers and yes they have setscrews that pinch the bars in the risers..

Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

Mine move a little sometimes. Not much though, maybe 1/2" to and 1" at the grips. I put emory cloth in there and it seems to help. They only move under extreme circumstances like hitting a hard bump going up a steep hill.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Fallenares
Tourer

Originally Posted by sLow5Rider
I just got my Evil Apes a few months ago. I don't remember them coming knurled either. I just tightened the riser clamp as tight as I could and they don't budge at all.
I saw your bike in a different thread. It looks awesome. How are the hd bushings holding up?

Old 04-17-2014, 01:37 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

The bushings work great. There is still a little bit of flex at the tree, but barely any at all. I did have to trim the sleeves that go through the bushings to get the riser bolts a little tighter.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine were not knurled. I didnt' have any issues with Carlini high roller risers.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Fallenares
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mikeskins
Mine were not knurled. I didnt' have any issues with Carlini high roller risers.
Can't use those risers without eliminating speedo

Quick Reply: Carlini apes