Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone tried the superchips vigilante EZ

Old 04-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Superchips
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramboamt
Thanks "The Troup"
Did a search of the local dealers they had on the Superchips web site and came up bumpkis...

The dealer locator on our website is for truck/Jeep/and Car parts. We have a few online distributors like J&P and etc, but we mostly sell them direct from our own website. Superchips.com. We just launched a new website and are fixing the dealer locator so it doesn't show up in the HD page. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by Superchips; 04-22-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Superchips
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WildBill_50
They are offering a 50% discount for HDF member until 200 are sold. There are plenty of reviews my HDF member here. If they have your configuration the reviews have been favorable but I'm still waiting on them to figure out what to do with mine and all I have is Rush slip-ons and a K&N air filter element. So beware you could be calling tech support if your configuration does not show the EZ database.
Wildbill,

Are you having problems with our tech support? Who are you waiting to hear back from? Please PM me and I can make sure someone from tech gets back to you tomorrow ASAP. I don't know your back story, but Vigilante should accomodate Rush slipons and a K&N no problem.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:18 PM
EzRussSDMC
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Superchips
The dealer locator on our website is for truck/Jeep/and Car parts. We have a few online distributors like J&P and etc, but we mostly sell them direct from our own website. Superchips.com. We just launched a new website and are fixing the dealer locator so it doesn't show up in the HD page. Sorry for the confusion.
Didn't think about this, but I cut off my o2 sensors a long time ago and have just been dealing with the idiot light. Will not having them cause problems with this tuner installed? I took it for a short ride and noticed improvements but a light never came on either. Just curious.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:31 PM
U4junkie
Intermediate

I installed the Vifilante on my Brakeout about 5 weeks ago. I actually forgot the instructions when I went to my friends shop to work on it. I was done in less than 5 minutes. Very intuitive. Cleaned up the lean popping nicely. Knowing it was tuned on their dyno (for performance, not epa) gives me all the confgidence I need. It's perfect for the guys just swapping exhausts and intakes.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:05 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rats. Ordered the Vigilante and it came really quick. Opened the box and it looks like a neat simple to use unit. Read the instructions and the first thing it tells you do do is log onto the Superchips website and download update software. I log on and at that point I find out the thing only works with Windows. So, now I don't know what to do with it. Might have to box it up and send it back.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:09 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pettifogger1
Rats. Ordered the Vigilante and it came really quick. Opened the box and it looks like a neat simple to use unit. Read the instructions and the first thing it tells you do do is log onto the Superchips website and download update software. I log on and at that point I find out the thing only works with Windows. So, now I don't know what to do with it. Might have to box it up and send it back.
Ask any of your friends if they run windows and if they would do the download for you, just a suggestion.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:13 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Superchips
Superchips, thanks for the reply, yeah I was wondering as one of the Superchips dealer website sells beauty supplies!!! Go figure...

Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ramboamt
Ask any of your friends if they run windows and if they would do the download for you, just a suggestion.
My friends are still running Windows 2000 and XP. Hate to have to start looking to borrow a computer before I can play with the Vigilante. They should have mentioned they don't support Macs (why would anyone sell a product in this day and age that doesn't support Macs?) in their website ads or even in the instruction book. You don't find out until you try to log onto the site and download the software that they don't support Macs. In fact, I thought this thing was supposed to be plug and play, not program then plug then play.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:52 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Power Vision I got from Fuel Moto doesn't support Macs either or at least it didn't a few months ago so that is not unusual.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:54 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My biggest knock on this product is that since it doesn't seem ready for prime time and doesn't have a track record, why would anyone buy one over the proven products available?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone tried the superchips vigilante EZ