Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone tried the superchips vigilante EZ

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 AM
pettifogger1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atlantaallen
My biggest knock on this product is that since it doesn't seem ready for prime time and doesn't have a track record, why would anyone buy one over the proven products available?
If that were the case, then no new products would ever come to market.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:17 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pettifogger1
If that were the case, then no new products would ever come to market.
Not true. Most new products offer something better, an added value, or lower price to give consumers a reason to try it. When reviewed, the new product can rise or fall on that review. The company offering the new product can also get good or bad marks on customer service.

Again, I haven't seen a significantly lower price or a feature that justifies buying.
Customer service hasn't received raves either. Reviews here and on Amazon are mixed, but nothing special. I got nothing against the company or product, but as I originally posted, why would someone purchase this product?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:30 AM
mustang125
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using the EZ for a couple months now. It works great with my stock bike that has V&H bigshot staggered, S&S Stealth air cleaner. It was very easy to program the bike. For those who don't think Superchips now how to make programmers, where have you been? They are one of the best in the business. My only grip is you can not change between performance and economy tunes like on there auto tuners. I bought mine from J&P cycles in Daytona beach FL

Old 04-24-2014, 02:18 PM
WildBill_50
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by atlantaallen
Not true. Most new products offer something better, an added value, or lower price to give consumers a reason to try it. When reviewed, the new product can rise or fall on that review. The company offering the new product can also get good or bad marks on customer service.

Again, I haven't seen a significantly lower price or a feature that justifies buying.
Customer service hasn't received raves either. Reviews here and on Amazon are mixed, but nothing special. I got nothing against the company or product, but as I originally posted, why would someone purchase this product?
I think 50% off is a pretty good incentive. So far all the reviews from forum members have been pretty positive. I just installed it on mine and noticed the bike is more responsive, and smoother. I'll post more after I get some more miles on it.

pettifogger1: What about an emulator for windows? I agree it is frustrating when they only support windows I use Linux and run into this problem often. My saving grace is the wife has a windows machine so I just go in and kick her off of it. Also if you have an old copy of windows you could load it into Virtualbox.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:39 PM
U4junkie
Intermediate

Superchips and their sister companies edge and MSD have been around and somewhat pioneers forever. That said, they appear late to the HD party. So what. They have a long track record in efi tuning and the product is stoopid simple to use, no dyno needed. For me (new to HD and "known HD tuners") it was ez to go with someone I've used for years with other vehicles. But it's a big world, to each their own.

I used to be into fast boats. I was shopping superchargers. the whipple was plug n play and interfaced with all my electronic safeguards, even added some. The other major player (I forget their name, but from KC area) used a centrifigal charger, bypassed many efi elements and left it to you to tune and read plugs either on the dyno or in the water. Stone age vs turn key. I'd rather keep it simple, but my needs are simple too. buy what makes you smile.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:15 PM
TN07RoadKing
2nd Gear
Default Price

Originally Posted by Ramboamt
Anyone know where to get it on the internet below factory price?
I typed HDFORUMS at check out and got mine for $149.50. Got it yesterday and it works great.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:55 PM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mustang125
I have been using the EZ for a couple months now. It works great with my stock bike that has V&H bigshot staggered, S&S Stealth air cleaner. It was very easy to program the bike. For those who don't think Superchips now how to make programmers, where have you been? They are one of the best in the business. My only grip is you can not change between performance and economy tunes like on there auto tuners. I bought mine from J&P cycles in Daytona beach FL

I've had mine for almost a year - As with any newer product the optional tuning choices has grown almost every month. I've found the customer service very helpful with what each different download will do for your bike. So there are performance and economy tunes on my tuner {2013 Heritage Classic} All ya have to do is experiment or call and ask...pretty easy.

And I agree - They may be new to Motorcycle tuners....but they are one of the leaders for some time in the automotive line.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:51 AM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a 2014 Heritage, I only saw up to 2013 listed on the Superchips page. When I called them they said nothing for the 2014s yet but they are working on it. Why wouldn't a Vigilante EZ made for a 2013 not work on a 2014? What's the difference between the 2 years as far as Softails are concerned? I don't get it!

Old 09-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TN07RoadKing
I typed HDFORUMS at check out and got mine for $149.50. Got it yesterday and it works great.
Thanks for the info. We got ours back in April and it works as advertised.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:50 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking about running this in my '12 Deluxe. I'll be running the Kuryakyn Velociraptor intake, and Samson 36" Longtails (no baffles). Anyone have any experience with this setup (or one similar) and running the EZ? I know from experience that Superchips is a very reputable brand (I used to sell them while working for a truck accessory store)... So I can only imagine that they have done their research prior to jumping into motorcycles.

Besides, I can type on a forum and wrench on a Harley, but... reading air/fuel ratios, throttle position, timing, etc. via computer... Not really my thing. When it comes to electronics and vehicles, I'm more of a "plug and play" kind of fella.

Quick Reply: anyone tried the superchips vigilante EZ