Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson 36" Cholos S-471 w/removable baffles

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 12:29 PM
HDluxy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Samson 36" Cholos S-471 w/removable baffles

Anyone know where to buy these now? Back ordered at Samson and afraid to sell pipes on my bike until I have in hand. There are several out there with integrated baffles/tips. Could not find any on internet search. Thanks

Old 04-23-2014, 05:42 PM
ranran4
Cruiser

Geez. These were the pipes I was saving for but after hearing all the negativity about them I may consider some others!

Old 04-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Low n Loud
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What about the S2-471? Is'nt that the same package but for 2007+? If those are in stock go for it, all you need to do is buy some O2 sensor plugs. That should be the only difference from the S-471. (dont quote me on this tho, Id just call and ask them)

I just did this a few weeks ago when ordering my 39's

Old 04-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by HDluxy
Anyone know where to buy these now? Back ordered at Samson and afraid to sell pipes on my bike until I have in hand. There are several out there with integrated baffles/tips. Could not find any on internet search. Thanks
Originally Posted by ranran4
Geez. These were the pipes I was saving for but after hearing all the negativity about them I may consider some others!
The concerns ("negativity") you are reading about the Samson's is not about the pipes themselves, it is about supply available.

Samson pipes are excellent; quality and sound. But, since Samson moved their entire operation to Sturgis several months ago, it has been difficult to find their pipes. Some people have waited weeks to months for their pipes. It is what it is. The problem is most Harley owners want their "stuff" yesterday.

Here are your options:
1. Order from Samson and wait as long as it takes
2. Find another vendor who may happen to have the pipes you want in stock. Don't count on it. Then, they can order it and it will take longer than it does ordering from Samson directly.
3. Find new pipes on eBay, CraigsList, etc.
4. Find used pipes on eBay, CraigsList, etc.
5. Choose a different exhaust

Old 04-23-2014, 08:12 PM
07 chopper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ranran4
It's worth the wait!!!

Old 04-23-2014, 08:29 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 chopper
It's worth the wait!!!
X10000000000000000000000

Old 04-23-2014, 09:03 PM
HDluxy
Cruiser

I want the Samson's, read enough, seen enough and nothing else compares. You hit it right on, I want them like yesterday! They have black 33's but don't really want to settle for less than 36". I am a little concerned about the durability of the black as well. Chrome just keeps on shining! I'll keep checking every 2-3 days.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:29 PM
OGM3X
Intermediate

You can always try to piece it out ? I didn't feel like waiting either so i bought the true dual header and 36" no baffle longtails seperate last week , now they are sitting in the garage waiting for install this weekend . I got mine through drag specialties ...

Last edited by OGM3X; 04-23-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:07 PM
OGM3X
Intermediate

Check your PM

Old 04-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want the Samson's, read enough, seen enough and nothing else compares. You hit it right on, I want them like yesterday! They have black 33's but don't really want to settle for less than 36". I am a little concerned about the durability of the black as well. Chrome just keeps on shining! I'll keep checking every 2-3 days.
Hi HDluxy,

I just wanted to chime in here about the black. Black wait times are about 75% quicker than chrome right now and the durability is extremely better than it used to be due to a new process we are using. Also just so everyone knows, if you bought a ceramic black exhaust from us and it ever starts to come off or flake within the warranty; which is highly doubtful we will strip and re-coat them for you at no cost.. If it is something that happens like you scratched it we will still re-coat it for you but give you our wholesale cost to strip and re-coat if for you.

I know it sucks to have to wait for chrome right now but it was a huge logistical challenge and things are going to get better within the next month or so and we appreciate all of you that have stuck by us during this transition.

Thank you,
Brian

Quick Reply: Samson 36" Cholos S-471 w/removable baffles