Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED brake lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 10:12 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts
Default LED brake lights

My stock brake light is temp fixed. I've got a little cardboard jammed in the socket next to the bulb so it makes contact and works.

I'm interested in the smoked LED taillight replacements. There are a lot on ebay and Amazon--some less than $30.

Anybody have experience with these? Any I should choose or avoid and where is the best place to buy? I'm willing to spend a little more to get a quality product.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:00 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by deadeye
My stock brake light is temp fixed. I've got a little cardboard jammed in the socket next to the bulb so it makes contact and works.

I'm interested in the smoked LED taillight replacements. There are a lot on ebay and Amazon--some less than $30.

Anybody have experience with these? Any I should choose or avoid and where is the best place to buy? I'm willing to spend a little more to get a quality product.
There was a guy selling a LED replacement rear tail light, Harley branded in the classifieds. It was for the duck tail fender.
Also there is the Harley Tri Bar light but it is spendy. I got a Harley one off of the classifieds cheap. eBay has a bunch of Chinese knock offs, and when researching I didn't hear any complaints about them. $70.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:08 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

watch the way the bulbs are built.. if the LEDs are just at the end, it only shines straight back not out sideways.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:00 AM
WebmonkeyL33T
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running
Custom Dynamics' smoked LED brake light and signals all the way around. Plug and play, very clean and bright. I would do it again.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:41 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

I have one from D2moto and have no complaints.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:51 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I personally don't get "smoked" lenses. Cars that have them, the brake light is as bright as the normal running light and the running light is virtually invisible. There's no way I'd run them on a bike. I have LEDs on my bike with clear lenses, since the bulbs are colored. Like the wolf said, "all the better to see you my dear."

But this is my opinion...right or wrong.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I had a Kuryakyn smoked LED tail light on my Night Train. Easy to wire in and looked great.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:09 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
I had a Kuryakyn smoked LED tail light on my Night Train. Easy to wire in and looked great.
I'm sort of leaning towards that one now.. Thanks for all the advice!

Old 04-25-2014, 09:18 AM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I personally don't get "smoked" lenses. Cars that have them, the brake light is as bright as the normal running light and the running light is virtually invisible. There's no way I'd run them on a bike. I have LEDs on my bike with clear lenses, since the bulbs are colored. Like the wolf said, "all the better to see you my dear."

But this is my opinion...right or wrong.
The smoked taillight. On my bike is very bright even without the brakes on. It is Harley brand.

Smoked lighting looks very cool on a black bike. Or any other IMHO.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmarklin
The smoked taillight. On my bike is very bright even without the brakes on. It is Harley brand. Smoked lighting looks very cool on a black bike. Or any other IMHO.
Agreed, I think they look much better smoked.

Chicken mine is LED with smoked lens and is a hell of a lot brighter then the stock brake light

Attached Thumbnails LED brake lights-image-111273546.jpg  

Quick Reply: LED brake lights