Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone make a kickstand wedge for "raised" bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 08:30 AM
13bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone make a kickstand wedge for "raised" bikes?

I'm looking for a kickstand wedge that changes the angle of the softail kickstand to compensate for **raised** suspension.

There are plenty offerings of wedges/kickstands for lowered softails, but I can't find anything that do the opposite.

I was hoping to find a reversible wedge - one that can be used for lowered bikes and flipped around for raised bikes so that the angle of the stand stops the bike leaning too far over.

Any thoughts?

Old 01-18-2015, 07:56 PM
StreetGlide515
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 13bob
I'm looking for a kickstand wedge that changes the angle of the softail kickstand to compensate for **raised** suspension.

There are plenty offerings of wedges/kickstands for lowered softails, but I can't find anything that do the opposite.

I was hoping to find a reversible wedge - one that can be used for lowered bikes and flipped around for raised bikes so that the angle of the stand stops the bike leaning too far over.

Any thoughts?
Did you ever find the wedge that raises your bike? I need the same thing you were looking for. This is crazy!! If you didn't find one, what did you do?

Old 01-18-2015, 09:53 PM
turtle2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RoadGlide515
Did you ever find the wedge that raises your bike? I need the same thing you were looking for. This is crazy!! If you didn't find one, what did you do?
Same here!

Old 01-18-2015, 10:07 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 255 Likes on 158 Posts

just a suggestion look for a longer kickstand off a different softail. i know they have different lengths for the touring bikes. if not just go to a weld shop and have yours extended then powder coat it.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:32 AM
StreetGlide515
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jersey Drew
just a suggestion look for a longer kickstand off a different softail. i know they have different lengths for the touring bikes. if not just go to a weld shop and have yours extended then powder coat it.
Ya, That will be option 2 for sure. I might just purchase a block of aluminum and trace the pattern onto it and have it machined, will see. Just cant believe there is not more of a demand for this...

Last edited by StreetGlide515; 01-19-2015 at 04:41 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:12 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just curious why you raised your bikes? Handling, stance, comfort? I can understand lowering, just can't see much benefit to raising so I'm just wondering.....

Old 01-19-2015, 08:15 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,790 Likes on 18,560 Posts

I know that the 2009 Baggers were having a lean angle problem and HD came up with a wedge to correct it ... Not familiar with the Softtail stand.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:46 PM
StreetGlide515
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jreichart
Just curious why you raised your bikes? Handling, stance, comfort? I can understand lowering, just can't see much benefit to raising so I'm just wondering.....
My issue is I purchased a Street glide with 21 front wheel and 18 in the back. With that said, the bike sits on the stand with a severe lean angle and I am trying to correct it with a wedge. The problem is that the wedges they sell are for when the bikes are lowered. I have the opposite problem which is not common.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:49 PM
StreetGlide515
Cruiser

[QUOTE=RoadGlide515;13612614]

QUOTE]My issue is I purchased a Street glide with 21 front wheel and 18 in the back. Bike sits higher, With that said, the bike sits on the stand with a severe lean angle and I am trying to correct it with a wedge. The problem is that the wedges they sell are for when the bikes are lowered. I have the opposite problem which is not common.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:20 PM
turtle2
Cruiser

[QUOTE=RoadGlide515;13612624]
Originally Posted by RoadGlide515

QUOTE]My issue is I purchased a Street glide with 21 front wheel and 18 in the back. Bike sits higher, With that said, the bike sits on the stand with a severe lean angle and I am trying to correct it with a wedge. The problem is that the wedges they sell are for when the bikes are lowered. I have the opposite problem which is not common.
The wedges will also tilt your floor boards too. One thing I dislike about them.
Any body got pic's on their modify one?

Quick Reply: Does anyone make a kickstand wedge for "raised" bikes?