Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of Captain Itch Crotch Cooler

Old 07-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Review of Captain Itch Crotch Cooler

Here in FL we have long stoplights and obviously the sun is hot. So at these stop lights I noticed my legs burning. Part of that was my crossover exhaust pipe gasket was shot (BTW a sporty gasket works fine if you ever need one and the dealer doesn't stock the springer part). It helped but it didn't cure the issue. I am used to the touring frame that puts the seat away from the rear cylinder and tank of 225 degree oil, thus, I never noticed the heat on my Road King.

UKLauren likes the Captain Itch Crotch Cooler so thought I'd give it a try. I got it in two days, and install couldn't be easier, just put under the seat and put the seat back on. At first I balked a little at the price, but it's supporting a small businessman & woman who obviously care to put out a very quality product - it is a very high quality item so I am good with that.

I put it to the test yesterday with ambient 95 degrees full sun.... stopped in bumper to bumper traffic (often with feet on the ground) on the FL turnpike for several miles. I have to say the crotch cooler worked very nicely, it was hot as can be underneath, but on top, where my legs were resting, it was not bad at all, basically ambient temperature. Made a nice difference and solved the problem I was looking to solve.

Overall I'm very happy with the mod. Only downside, and it's a big downside, is it covers up too much Chrome!

But the practicality of not frying my legs is worth it. I'll find something else to chrome.

Before:

After:

Old 07-12-2014, 03:15 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_g
uklauren likes the captain itch crotch cooler so thought i'd give it a try. I got it in two days, and install couldn't be easier, just put under the seat and put the seat back on. at first i balked a little at the price, but it's supporting a small businessman & woman who obviously care to put out a very quality product - it is a very high quality item so i am good with that.ure. Made a nice difference and solved the problem i was looking to solve.
It's the biggest bang for the buck product you'll ever put on your bike!

Old 07-12-2014, 03:17 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

I agree. I made the mistake of buying the V Twin Wing version. Should have bought something where scratches and scuffs are not as easily seen. But it's functional and works as advertised. Going to find a shoemakers stitch me another one from some stock leather shaped a little differently so I can see my digital oil meter.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:24 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Glad you like it Joe, I don't think I could ride either bike in summer without them. The Springer is especially hot on the left side.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Heater

Well I know the heat on my right thigh gets pretty unbearable and I look like a dog on a hydrant on long stops. The big but is what is it doing to the head temps having that big flap hanging over the top of the head and cylinder? Just wondering and figure I'll do the dog imitation as long as I can stand it trying to take care of 'Pearl' and her 124 heart.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
Glad you like it Joe, I don't think I could ride either bike in summer without them. The Springer is especially hot on the left side.
You are so right Lauren. Thank YOU for the recommendation!

Old 07-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,081 Likes on 1,514 Posts

I bought the black HD belt from CI a few years ago, and it's probably the last belt I ever buy. (in a good way).

Old 07-12-2014, 05:36 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

Tenmidgets, u mentioned u couldnt see the scratches. I was thinking about getting one from CI, but was worried that if the leather is thick enough to do its job, is it so stout that it could scratch the chrome and whatever is under it???

Old 07-12-2014, 06:50 PM
italianprincess70
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are the BEST! Wouldn't have thought they work so well, but they do.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:45 PM
ftworthcowboy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine really make a difference in the Texas Heat. Worth the $ !! Mine are a little longer because of the headers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review of Captain Itch Crotch Cooler