Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderbike.de reviews?

Old 07-14-2014, 06:24 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thunderbike.de reviews?

This winter I'm planning on changing up the rear fender on my breakout, and I've been looking at the thunderbike.de breakout custom fender. Having not ever dealt with this company or ordered parts of this size and expense from overseas, I'm a little leery of it. Has anyone in the US here ever ordered from them? Any reviews on the quality of their product and customer service?

http://shop.thunderbike.de/en/Thunde...for-260mm.html

Old 07-14-2014, 08:22 AM
NAME CHANGE REQUIRED
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't ordered from them yet, but I wouldn't in a heartbeat. I've spent hours checking them out and they're actually pretty big in Europe and obviously trying to break into the US market. Check out their rallies on YouTube, etc. Several members on the international HD forums are running Thunderbike fenders as well. I haven't noticed a single complaint yet. I'm typically a HUGE skeptic but I'd pull the trigger with Thunderbike.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:50 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NOFUKS2GIVE
I haven't ordered from them yet, but I wouldn't in a heartbeat. I've spent hours checking them out and they're actually pretty big in Europe and obviously trying to break into the US market. Check out their rallies on YouTube, etc. Several members on the international HD forums are running Thunderbike fenders as well. I haven't noticed a single complaint yet. I'm typically a HUGE skeptic but I'd pull the trigger with Thunderbike.
and that's what I'm hoping for. I really like the look of that fender on the BO. move the tail lights down to the axle covers and use some small led lights, I think would look great. Maybe by the time I go to order later in the year they will have a US dealer by then.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:56 PM
NAME CHANGE REQUIRED
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pa-Rider
and that's what I'm hoping for. I really like the look of that fender on the BO. move the tail lights down to the axle covers and use some small led lights, I think would look great. Maybe by the time I go to order later in the year they will have a US dealer by then.
If you order let me know how everything goes. Do you know if they have plans to migrate to the US? I hope so because I love just about everything they throw together.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:14 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

I am one of the lucky ones. A few years ago, when I went to Germany to visit friends, I was taken to Thunderbike for a visit because I also have a friend that works for them. I was taken on a tour of their plant and one of the things that I enjoyed was seeing how they used a CNC machine to make their own rims. I am not an authority on custom made parts but I wouldn't have any hesitation whatsoever on ordering something from them, because personally, I like the quality of their work.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:29 PM
JAX-HD-Rider
Advanced

Their mod of a breakout is what made me buy one. Couple pics with that fender. They also make a seat to go with the fender on the breakout.

Guess they use an air shock to get the fender that close to the tire???

http://www.thunderbike.de/galleries/...kout_black.php

Attached Thumbnails Thunderbike.de reviews?-harley-davidson-softail-breakout-thunderbike-13.jpg   Thunderbike.de reviews?-harley-davidson-softail-breakout-thunderbike-12.jpg  

Last edited by JAX-HD-Rider; 07-17-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:21 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

They sure did a great job on that Breakout.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:49 PM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Looking for info

Hate to resurrect old thread but was wondering if anybody had any recent dealings with Thunderbike; ordering, etc.

Placed an order for a part on their online shop, but the website didn't allow me to actually "pay" for the item. Just took my order looks like. Sent a couple emails to Freddy in Custom Parts Dept asking about the order but haven't gotten any replies. Was looking for any info here before having to place an International call.

Old 04-29-2015, 04:10 PM
BoomerChopper
Novice

I ordered the chin fairing for my breakout from them a few weeks ago. Communication through email was a breeze. Payment was made via PayPal and 10 days later, my fairing showed up at my front door. It was an easy painless transaction. Just remember, it is going to take a bit longer to get your part from Germany than Amazon.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:52 PM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

just looking for solid information. I'm well aware of the fact that they are in Germany and it takes a little longer to ship vs me ordering off of Amazon. Their website wouldn't even allow me to pay for the item. That's what I was trying to explain in my post. Did you read that part?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thunderbike.de reviews?