Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of license plate side mount please - Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 02:46 PM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
I don't ever have a passenger so I made my own mount and bolted it to the passenger peg hole. No wires though as I just left the light off. I don't ride often enough at night to worry about it.
i don't have a breakout, but i did the same exact thing... used my own bracket, bolted it the the pass peg hole, skipped all the lights / wires.

i'll have to see if i can dig up a pic

Old 07-17-2014, 05:18 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

Here's a picture of mine, I made it from the upper belt guard for a Sportster.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:34 AM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I got this bracket off eBay seller "accufast2d":

http://www.ebay.com/usr/accufast2d?_...10.m2749.l2754

I wanted a bracket that would match the radius of the Custom Dynamics curved plate frame with LED's. I contacted accufast about the idea and they agreed to make one. As soon as it was ready, they contacted me.

The whole thing went very quickly and worked out great.

Right now the wiring to the LED plate frame runs along the swingarm's upper arm. It's held in place with a few zip ties, but I saw a thread here someplace where someone used black epoxy to hold the wiring in place. I'm gonna give that a try soon.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:55 PM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also bought a bracket from accufast2d from ebay. I have nothing but great things to say about him and his product so far. His normal bracket for the Breakout listed on ebay is curved more than the Custom Dynamics curved plate frame so I contacted him about a less curved one to fit the frame. He already had some in stock ready to go AND powdercoated. His communication has been great and he said that if anyone else wants one made to fit the Custom Dynamics plate frame to just contact him through ebay and he can give you instructions on what to do and make sure you get the correct bracket.

Received my bracket today and it looks great. Have not installed it yet but hopefully will have time this afternoon. Will try to post pics after it's done.

Michael

Old 10-20-2014, 03:25 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Yep - I forgot to mention that the Accufast2d bracket I got was powder coated black.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:38 PM
mseymour3
Tourer

Originally Posted by NSR
Yep - I forgot to mention that the Accufast2d bracket I got was powder coated black.
Awesome. Your pictures and post above are what made my decision to go ahead and get that bracket. My CD plate frame is black but the rest is the same. I can't wait to have it installed.

Michael

Old 10-25-2014, 07:59 AM
89Speedy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

[/QUOTE]

Went with the Cycle Visions axle mount because I knew I wanted to add a swing arm bag, top quality product.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:31 AM
mseymour3
Tourer

As promised a couple pics of my axle mounted license plate bracket from accufast2d and a Custom Dynamics LED lit plate frame. I love it...just gotta get that rear end dropped a little.

Michael

Attached Thumbnails Pics of license plate side mount please - Breakout-img_8200.jpg   Pics of license plate side mount please - Breakout-img_8522.jpg   Pics of license plate side mount please - Breakout-img_7205.jpg  
Old 10-27-2014, 09:35 AM
mseymour3
Tourer

Before and after.

Michael

Attached Thumbnails Pics of license plate side mount please - Breakout-img_2592.jpg   Pics of license plate side mount please - Breakout-img_5757.jpg  
Old 10-27-2014, 02:16 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
I got this bracket off eBay seller "accufast2d":

http://www.ebay.com/usr/accufast2d?_...10.m2749.l2754

I wanted a bracket that would match the radius of the Custom Dynamics curved plate frame with LED's. I contacted accufast about the idea and they agreed to make one. As soon as it was ready, they contacted me.

The whole thing went very quickly and worked out great.

Right now the wiring to the LED plate frame runs along the swingarm's upper arm. It's held in place with a few zip ties, but I saw a thread here someplace where someone used black epoxy to hold the wiring in place. I'm gonna give that a try soon.

Looks great. Does it mount to the outside of the swingarm under the bolt?

Quick Reply: Pics of license plate side mount please - Breakout