Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Softail Slim - Moving Footboards forward

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 08:27 AM
Ballantime
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Softail Slim - Moving Footboards forward

Hi there,

I am very new to this forum. I own a 2013 Softail Slim. Because I am 6'1" with 32" inseam I had problems with the stock controls and floorboard.

I installed extended Shift and Brake lever which helped a lot already.

Now I am searching for a solution to move the stock floorboards out a little bit but more so forward at least 2". After searching for almost 2 weeks I am about to give up.

Does anybody know a solution for this?

Thank you very much everybody.

Ride safe
Ballantime

Old 07-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Jetfever
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default More leg room

I borrowed a HD Police Seat from a friend, (with the springs) to try on my Slim.

The seat is a few inches higher than stock.

When riding, It "feels" like the foot boards were extended several inches. (Improvement, I am 6 feet).

This also changes other things of course, like the (perceived) handlebar height, (not sure I like the change) and the seat to ground distance which I do like. I found it much easier to move the bike around while sitting on it, my knees being bent less and near optimal, when stopped (backing up with leg power) as well.

The other change you will need to deal with (Spring mount seat) is covering up the battery area, there are several solutions.

The ride over harsh bumps "rear wheel" is improved with the spring seat.

Something like this but with the Police Seat: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-16-5437310--1

Old 07-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Ragnar
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are lots of options to move the stock controls forward 1-3 inches.

I went 2 inches with CycleVision's "Go-Forward" kit (which moved them forward 2 inches, and out about 1/2 inch) and a custom brake line, but there are other makers who have full kits that can go 2 or 3 inches and include the brake line. Arlen Ness comes immediately to mind with a +3 setup.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:06 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The floorboards on my 2005 SE Fat Boy came, as stock, 2" longer then the regular Fat Boy floorboards.
I don't know how many other HD models came that way over the years. You should be able to find some floorboards that are longer then yours, although I realize it would be cheaper to just move your boards forward if possible.
The only draw back I can think of for having longer floorboards is that it limits the style of engine guards you can put on without the floorboards interfering.
Tom

Old 07-23-2014, 08:32 AM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You might be able to use Kuryakyn footboard relocators combined with the HD Extended Footboards. The Kury relocator's move the boards out 1" and forward 1", and HD's boards move you 1" forward as well. That would give you your 1" out and 2" forward you're looking for. However, I'm not certain if they will work on your model as I'm not familiar with the slim's footboard brackets, so you would have to verify fitment.