Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Bags for Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Nellybelle that's a nice looking Heritage.
Thank you.

My wife is too small for a touring frame that's the reason for the softail.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:30 AM
MTG
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nellybells and Bones77 those are the two bikes I really like the looks of. As far as me switching to a road king I drove one did not like it as much as my deluxe. Why buy something you don't like the way it handles, I am happy with my deluxe comfortable and if adding a couple of accessories to do what I want with my bike why trade it? I come on the forum and see people add accessories all the time some I like some I do not so BigMike I hope that answers you question.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:05 AM
Ruggs59
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 84 Posts

Not a deluxe, But a heritage i just picked up and added B&B Bags, but you get the idea

Attached Thumbnails Hard Bags for Deluxe-p1010002.jpg  
Old 12-28-2014, 01:56 PM
Krustee
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruggs59
Not a deluxe, But a heritage i just picked up and added B&B Bags, but you get the idea
I hope you don't take offense but those bags remind me of a hernia.

Dan

Old 12-28-2014, 02:26 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been following softail bagger threads for a while now... And to me, it looks like the best way to go is to use the CycleVisions kit, and pick out the bags you want. For me, it will be a set of stretched Road King bags.. And I really like the way these are styled:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-4-STRETC...b2aae0&vxp=mtr

I like the rounded cut for the exhaust versus the squared off cut like some bags, and the style line in the side is nice, and flows well. Having come from a Night Train, I knew I was already in love with the softail chassis. I test rode several FLST's (both Heritage's and Deluxe's), and several Road Kings. The Kings were nice, no doubt about it, but I didn't like the way they handled, and the "top heavy" feeling that they had. it made you feel like what many described here as sitting "on" the bike, not "in" the bike.. So, the Deluxe won.. Hands down.

My goal, is to turn my Deluxe into the best of both worlds... I'll leave the bags and brackets off when I am riding around town, but for long trips they will go back on. I'm thinking it probably won't take more than a half hour to remove/install them once I get them set up for the first time and they are ready to go. So, essentially, I'll have the best of both worlds - a stripped down so-cal styled Deluxe, and a nice bagger. A convertible, so to speak.

**I also HATED the way a King looks without bags. For me that was an easy sell. Check out a few of these photos I have been oogling at. Some from the forum, some just Google Images.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Ruggs59
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 84 Posts

No offence taken, either you like em or you dont...

QUOTE=Krustee;13537244]I hope you don't take offense but those bags remind me of a hernia.

Dan[/QUOTE]