Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King VS. Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Maitiu
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Yes, you do not know what I am talking about or what the OP is talking about. The OP mentioned lowering and air ride and 21" which requires a front suspension upgrade and 2up. And anyone who actually rides these bikes knows the stock suspensions sucks. Especially a stock Deluxe that is lower then the Heritage and FB.

Despite all this, enjoy and congrats on your new bike!
Missed the part about him asking about the air ride. My mistake.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:03 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a little confused as to why I would be "required" to upgrade the front suspension when going to a 21" wheel? (I'm going to put a Progressive kit in it anyways), but I didn't think/know that it was required in order to run a 21" up front.

I think I will be heading towards the way of a Deluxe - but I'm still going to see if I can't hop on a RK just to see how I like the ride. Now that I have most of the particulars figured out... I just have to find a good comfortable seat for the passenger (I'll ride a solo seat when she is not on back). If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:19 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by kizzletruck
I'm a little confused as to why I would be "required" to upgrade the front suspension when going to a 21" wheel? (I'm going to put a Progressive kit in it anyways), but I didn't think/know that it was required in order to run a 21" up front.

I think I will be heading towards the way of a Deluxe - but I'm still going to see if I can't hop on a RK just to see how I like the ride. Now that I have most of the particulars figured out... I just have to find a good comfortable seat for the passenger (I'll ride a solo seat when she is not on back). If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
21" is taller and lifts the front higher changing rake and trail geometry. Progressive lowering kit will work, but that lessons the amount of fork travel. Or raked trees which changes rake and trail. Take your time and read a little. To lower these bikes and have a taller tire in the front with less fork travel and ride 2up are two different directions. But, everyone is different on how, where and how many miles they ride. I say, get two bikes!! haha

Old 07-29-2014, 08:36 PM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I may open up a can of worms here - But I've never been a fan of Dual front Rotors on the "Lighter" bikes. My current bike is the 2013 Heritage Classic. It's never been hard for me to grab enough front brake and have to be aware of the back end getting light. I prefer the single rotor as I feel I get better feedback under hard {Panic?} stops with the single as opposed to the duals up front. Anyone else have any input on this?

Old 07-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Callgood
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For what you are wanting to do I would say a Deluxe or probably even a Heritage. Now if you and your fiance plan on doing any trips that would change things. Before I got my limited we used the Heritage and although adequate it is not even close to the Limited. The limited also handles alot better over about 10mph. But I also kept my Heritage for my solo short ride bike.
Why not a Heritage and get the detachable kits?

Old 07-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,081 Likes on 1,514 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
From your comments, I think the Deluxe would make you happier. Its downright better looking, although the RK Classic was nice.

A King over over a Deluxe any day and all day !

Old 07-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckinfitch

Nice King but the only thing the King does better than the deluxe is corner and tour. Everything else Deluxe>Road King

Old 07-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Buckinfitch

Here we go . . .

OUF OUF OUF !!! LoL

Old 07-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Liberator
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-30-2014, 11:52 PM
VigilantOutlaw
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Before I bought my Deluxe I looked at a Road King, now I'm thinking about trading it in on a Street Glide. The thing I like about the Deluxe over the Street Glide is; my Deluxe is paid for! Also, I rarely do any two-up riding so I may as well hang on to it.
Then again, I've been known to change my mind.

Quick Reply: Road King VS. Deluxe