Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshields and Beach Bars... Do they Mix?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 08:32 AM
Elmwood Deluxe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshields and Beach Bars... Do they Mix?

So I've been tossing the idea around in my head of adding a windshield (oddly enough they have grown on me, I used to hate them.) However I have burly beach bars on the bike and I'm starting to second guess myself if it would even look right on the bike, and i definitely do not want to waste money on a windshield to only find out that i hate the way it looks. So with that said if you or anyone has pictures of a windshield mounted with beach bars please post them on this thread!

Also post your comments trust me i don't care either way if you talk me into or talk me out of the idea, i just want feedback!

Old 07-28-2014, 08:45 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

For years and years and year. It does look better with Apes though.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the HD wide beach bars on my Springer and run a King Size HD windshield. I think the combination looks good enough. It looks traditional so I get used to it. I don't run the shield much these days because I really don't care for it 100% in looks but do love what it does for me in comfort if I decide I need it.

I have to disagree that a windshield looks better with apes! But I guess that's just because of my personal thoughts on the two different styles of bars and the attitudes they give to the bike. I think it's odd to see someone tooling down the road with 16 or even 18 inch apes but with a big *** windshield too. It's like the "fist in the wind look" of apes with the "I need a shield to block the wind" look.

Here's mine with wide beach bars and shield. Of course I don't have my bars slung way down like yours.

Here's what it looked like with the stock mini apes before I ditched them.

I like the look better with the beach bars.

But again, to be honest I hardly run it anymore despite how much I like the comfort it adds to my ride. Just like the look of my bike without it all together.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Elmwood Deluxe
Cruiser

Thanks for the pics I'm still up in the air more pictures would be helpful

Old 07-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Here you go

HD wide beach bars with stock Heritage windshield

Old 07-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I have Burly Beach bars and a Klockwerks Billboard Flare windshield. I think the shape of the windshield goes well with the bike. The pics aren't the best to show things off but it'll give you an idea. Boy I sure had to muddled my way through that. You'll have to excuse the way the pics and wording is in here, things have changed here and I don't do change well.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:44 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Fox

I have Burly Beach bars and a Klockwerks Billboard Flare windshield. I think the shape of the windshield goes well with the bike. The pics aren't the best to show things off but it'll give you an idea. Boy I sure had to muddled my way through that. You'll have to excuse the way the pics and wording is in here, things have changed here and I don't do change well.
I just rode through Robson Park (all throughout BC and AB). Beautiful! Lucky dude to have that in your backyard!!

Also, king size removable windshield looks fine with BBB. At least it does on my bike.

Ride safe.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:23 PM
patharley
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ride burly beach bar and windshield on my fatboy for the long ridw and its perfect.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:24 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

HD beach bars and tall detachable HD windshield on my 02 Springer. I like the look.

Attached Thumbnails Windshields and Beach Bars... Do they Mix?-springer-outside-house.jpg   Windshields and Beach Bars... Do they Mix?-springer-rear-house.jpg  
Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Elmwood Deluxe
Cruiser

Thanks for all the pictures!.. Bikes look great, guess the thing to do is go to Harley and see if they will let me "test fit" one on the bike. Might be the way to go to really convince myself.

Quick Reply: Windshields and Beach Bars... Do they Mix?