Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rocker c with ape hangers? standard?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Cliffy Amo
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default rocker c with ape hangers? standard?

hi can I please ask if the rocker c was sold as standard with ape hangers? my bike which I bought off a guy who bought it from the UK seems to have come with ape hangers, although I have seen many with what I would describe as fitted with drag bars?
I would prefer the drag bars and would look for them on Ebay but dont know whether it was a model thing? rocker and rocker c? or a year thing, 2008 versus 2009?
Thanks, and if you want to see the bike as I ride it around the island of Cyprus and Moto Vlog please check out our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwS...njWpFestg9U77g
Cliffy Amo

Old 07-28-2014, 03:28 PM
UT-rckr
Road Master

Here is the bike stock. All years and models had the same bars. Did not come with apes. You can change any bike's bars, just may need to change the risers too. My guess is your risers are not stock either (although I didn't view the YouTube vid to see it).

Attached Thumbnails rocker c with ape hangers? standard?-image.jpg  

Last edited by UT-rckr; 07-28-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliffy Amo
hi can I please ask if the rocker c was sold as standard with ape hangers? my bike which I bought off a guy who bought it from the UK seems to have come with ape hangers, although I have seen many with what I would describe as fitted with drag bars?
I would prefer the drag bars and would look for them on Ebay but dont know whether it was a model thing? rocker and rocker c? or a year thing, 2008 versus 2009?
Thanks, and if you want to see the bike as I ride it around the island of Cyprus and Moto Vlog please check out our You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwS...njWpFestg9U77g
Cliffy Amo
The Rocker came with more of a drag style bar. Further more, the risers are a specific design to the Rocker which means that in order to change out the bars, you also had to change out the risers. They did not come stock with apes. In the early days of the Rocker there were two models; the Rocker (FXCW) had gray colored risers and the Rocker C (FXCW-C) had all chrome risers and bars. Otherwise the bars between the two rocker models are the same and fit not just any Rocker but could be put on other Softails as well except for the Springers.

If you're interested in a set of stock chrome handlebars and risers off a Rocker C, my brother would probably sell you his. He replaced his with apes last month and has no use for the stock bars. They are in nice shape and all chrome. Contact me if you are interested and I will let him know in the meantime. I'm sure he'd give you a decent price as he has no use for them.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:46 AM
CCgolfer
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me see your ape set up. I'd be interested in trading for my all stock, in great shape bars. PM me.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:48 AM
CCgolfer
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forgot to say mine is a rocker c, so it's all chrome and very nice.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:38 AM
Cliffy Amo
Cruiser
Default Rocker c what style of drag bars do other's have?

I have asked the original owner and he says that he bought the bike new from the UK with ape hangers on it, as supplied by the dealer Stratstone Harley Davidson.
Thanks for the offers on the bars, but unless you are based in the UK then the shipping costs alone would out weigh any saving on price.
(I could then just get them suitcased over to me on a family visit)
especially from the states, they will slap a tax on it!
So a set of bars and risers off a Softail model around 2008/2009 would fit the rocker c also? anyone done this?
I will be keeping everything I take off the bike including the ape hangers,so if I have to ever sell it, I can return it to stock specification as bought when new, or at least give the parts to the new owner so he can.
or sell it to someone in Cyprus, they will be worth a lot more out here!
they slap a tax on anything that comes in.
Already bought a replacement seat, mini floorboards and the bars are next to be changed to help with being a short ****!
Not sure if I want the stock bars or another style of drag bars?

Old 07-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliffy Amo
I have asked the original owner and he says that he bought the bike new from the UK with ape hangers on it, as supplied by the dealer Stratstone Harley Davidson.
Thanks for the offers on the bars, but unless you are based in the UK then the shipping costs alone would out weigh any saving on price.
(I could then just get them suitcased over to me on a family visit)
especially from the states, they will slap a tax on it!
So a set of bars and risers off a Softail model around 2008/2009 would fit the rocker c also? anyone done this?
I will be keeping everything I take off the bike including the ape hangers,so if I have to ever sell it, I can return it to stock specification as bought when new, or at least give the parts to the new owner so he can.
or sell it to someone in Cyprus, they will be worth a lot more out here!
they slap a tax on anything that comes in.
Already bought a replacement seat, mini floorboards and the bars are next to be changed to help with being a short ****!
Not sure if I want the stock bars or another style of drag bars?
There is a practice among dealers where they take stock Harley and spruce them up with parts from the Harley P&A catalog as well as after market stuff such as Vance and Hines exhaust. Then they add the price for all the parts they've added or replaced that weren't stock as well as the labor to do this work. It's a way for them to showcase a certain model and maybe gouge someone for the extra costs. Especially when they charge for things like labor on installing bolt on items like derby covers or foot pegs which any monkey wielding a tree branch could install in their garage in ten minutes.

If someone who isn't familiar with Harley motorcycles were to walk into a dealer and buy...or even just see one of these spruced up bikes, they might assume that it comes that way from the factory.

There are plenty of examples of Rockers with different bars on this site. Do a search and look around. Once you remove the stock risers off a Rocker and install standard style risers, you can pretty much run just about any style of handlebars.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:45 PM
Cliffy Amo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
There is a practice among dealers where they take stock Harley and spruce them up with parts from the Harley P&A catalog as well as after market stuff such as Vance and Hines exhaust. Then they add the price for all the parts they've added or replaced that weren't stock as well as the labor to do this work. It's a way for them to showcase a certain model and maybe gouge someone for the extra costs. Especially when they charge for things like labor on installing bolt on items like derby covers or foot pegs which any monkey wielding a tree branch could install in their garage in ten minutes.

If someone who isn't familiar with Harley motorcycles were to walk into a dealer and buy...or even just see one of these spruced up bikes, they might assume that it comes that way from the factory.

There are plenty of examples of Rockers with different bars on this site. Do a search and look around. Once you remove the stock risers off a Rocker and install standard style risers, you can pretty much run just about any style of handlebars.
thanks I believe this is what happened with my Rocker c it was purchased new with a set of Vance and Hines exhausts with the quiet baffles, a small clock mounted on the handlebar and a set of ape hangers!
here is a link to a short video of the bike.
Cliffy Amo

Old 08-15-2014, 01:31 PM
HeHateMe
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've seen one fixed up brand new by the dealer with Apes. It looked great. Dont switch it out. Keep the apes.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by HeHateMe
I've seen one fixed up brand new by the dealer with Apes. It looked great. Dont switch it out. Keep the apes.
Naw, switch it out for stock or some drag bars.
Rockers are nice long and low and sleek machines, and putting apes on one is about as artistic and sexy as having a 20 foot flagpole sticking out of the sunroof on a Lamborghini.

Quick Reply: rocker c with ape hangers? standard?