Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid Fatboy Lo question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 11:54 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts
Default Stupid Fatboy Lo question

I've searched a lot and can't find a definitive answer.

Are the rear shocks the Low Profile shocks, shorter, or different than the regular Fatboy?

Old 07-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes they are a bit lower then the standard Fatboy. I believe the same shock is also used on the Deluxe.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 130 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
I've searched a lot and can't find a definitive answer.

Are the rear shocks the Low Profile shocks, shorter, or different than the regular Fatboy?
Actually the shocks on Fatboy Lo are longer or at least have a longer body than the standard Fatboy. It lowers the height by pushing the swing arm higher into the fender.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Longer, shorter, what have you; the bottom line is that part of what makes a Fatboy Lo a "lo" is that it comes from the factory with the low profile shocks. The stock seat is also narrower at the nose than the standard Fatboy allowing your thighs to come in closer to the motorcycle which means that your feet can reach the ground easier.

As mentioned, these shocks are also stock on the Deluxe and the Crossbones as well as the Slim if I'm not mistaken. If you look up the Profile Low shocks in the P&A catalog it'll say that they fit the Fatboy Lo. However, if you read the notes it'll state that the shocks WILL NOT LOWER the Fabtboy Lo. The Deluxe, Crossbones and Slim (North American) are on that list as well. That's because these models already use these shocks. They changed the wording from how it used to read some years ago. Going back a few years, the catalog would just say that the Profile Low shocks WOULD NOT FIT these models. I have a feeling that this caused some confusion and folks were wondering why these shocks couldn't be installed on these models. Obviously they can be installed on these models, they just wouldn't make any difference than what is already on the bikes.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:50 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
Longer, shorter, what have you; the bottom line is that part of what makes a Fatboy Lo a "lo" is that it comes from the factory with the low profile shocks. The stock seat is also narrower at the nose than the standard Fatboy allowing your thighs to come in closer to the motorcycle which means that your feet can reach the ground easier.

As mentioned, these shocks are also stock on the Deluxe and the Crossbones as well as the Slim if I'm not mistaken. If you look up the Profile Low shocks in the P&A catalog it'll say that they fit the Fatboy Lo. However, if you read the notes it'll state that the shocks WILL NOT LOWER the Fabtboy Lo. The Deluxe, Crossbones and Slim (North American) are on that list as well. That's because these models already use these shocks. They changed the wording from how it used to read some years ago. Going back a few years, the catalog would just say that the Profile Low shocks WOULD NOT FIT these models. I have a feeling that this caused some confusion and folks were wondering why these shocks couldn't be installed on these models. Obviously they can be installed on these models, they just wouldn't make any difference than what is already on the bikes.
Thanks! Exactly the information I was trying to confirm.