Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork bag on my slim

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 03:08 PM
TJ_HOOKER
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fork bag on my slim (pics)

so I was looking for a fork bag, mainly just to put the other lenses for my prescription goggles, copies of my paperwork, and maybe a few tools. didn't want anything fancy, not studs, no tassels, no soft leather. Not knocking any of that of course, just not my thing. I have a swing arm bag that is like this, an HD one with just the bar and shield outline on it. So after looking around I found one for the Rocker. It comes with a mounting bracket, so it doesn't tie around the forks. It is a bit narrow, but i like the way it fits. I had to modify the bracket bay cutting an inch off each side, but it did come with rubber fork protectors that slid on those parts, so my cut off is hidden once yo slide those on. It bolts on from under using the headlight bolt, then the bag bolts to it. Pretty slick looking I think.

I also threw in some Custom-Dynamics led retrofits in to the signals while i was there, and a visor bezel on the headlamp and the front signals. the bezel does impede to opening of the bag a little bit more than the stock Slim bezel did, but for the look, i'll deal with it.

here is some pics, including the parts diagram.

thanks for looking, cheers.

Last edited by TJ_HOOKER; 07-29-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:21 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Seems cool and useful. Doesn't block air flow to your motor? I suppose not if that's where they designed it to go.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:26 PM
gerjets
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really clean look & appears to be functional. Are you able to open the bag without any issues?

Old 07-29-2014, 05:47 PM
TJ_HOOKER
3rd Gear

I was able to open it a bit more with the stock slim bezel. I can open it 90 degrees with the larger visor bezel. It's not terribly big, but it holds what I need and I can get at it pretty easy. Goggle lenses, photocopies of paper work in a ziplock for now. May find a small tool kit for there. It's functional enough that its a few things out of my pockets, and a hair more room in my swing arm bag.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:02 PM
TJ_HOOKER
3rd Gear

This does not work. Suspension travels too much under braking conditions and this hits the fender. Was ok in town, but went on the highway and it hit when I had to brake.