Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2014 Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 12:37 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunter5179
I understand. Yeah.. I just got the seat today. I needed one for my lady because the stock seat was torture for her. The passenger part does come off the fender slightly and yeah the pics make it look worse than it actually is. I emailed danny grey about it today so we'll see what they say. It could be more tapered to the fender for sure but it does look worse than it really is. They initially made the rear 8 inches wide but I told them to make it 9 last minute. I also wanted low profile for the passenger. The seat is great for the passenger and no sliding off the bike anymore. As far as power goes.... yeah its pretty bad ***.
I totally agree. Let me too first say that you have one of the baddest Breakouts I've seen. I Just love your bike. That seat however does not look "natural" on your bike. It appears there is no contour and looks like it sits on the fender instead of curving with it. If it works for the lady and you like it, that's all that matters though.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:44 AM
Hunter5179
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skipper469
I totally agree. Let me too first say that you have one of the baddest Breakouts I've seen. I Just love your bike. That seat however does not look "natural" on your bike. It appears there is no contour and looks like it sits on the fender instead of curving with it. If it works for the lady and you like it, that's all that matters though.
Thanks, I just got the seat today and danny grey has been informed. It will be taken care of.. my lady is def happier.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:18 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks, I just got the seat today and danny grey has been informed. It will be taken care of.. my lady is def happier.
Good to hear. How is that 260 handling?

Old 09-28-2014, 03:52 AM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really dig the two tone leather look and the rider's seat looks like it fits and flows nicely with the lines of the bike. I have to agree though, the passenger pillion portion of the seat looks a little odd. But hell, it's a custom seat so maybe it just needs a some test fitting and fine tuning to make it perfect.

Every time I look at your bike though, those clarity covers are cool as hell...looks really badass with the cams and gears showing through.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:03 AM
Hunter5179
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skipper469
Good to hear. How is that 260 handling?
260 handles great. Much better than the stock tire. Leaning the bike side to side while turning is a lot better and traction is better too.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:06 AM
Hunter5179
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jimstang
I really dig the two tone leather look and the rider's seat looks like it fits and flows nicely with the lines of the bike. I have to agree though, the passenger pillion portion of the seat looks a little odd. But hell, it's a custom seat so maybe it just needs a some test fitting and fine tuning to make it perfect.

Every time I look at your bike though, those clarity covers are cool as hell...looks really badass with the cams and gears showing through.

Yeah, I like the 2 tone leather look as well.. the seat will be corrected as far as the passenger part is concerned. I also really like the clarity covers and I'm very happy how the bike turned out. Thanks.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

260 handles great. Much better than the stock tire. Leaning the bike side to side while turning is a lot better and traction is better too.
I know that I have been bugging you about pics of the 260, sorry. I just ordered one , please tell me of any clearance issues, modifications needed and when riding 2 up. I truly appreciate any info that you can provide..... Thanks

Ps I'm jealous of your budget to get all of the cool stuff because it looks great!

Old 10-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Hunter5179
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Goldsgym
I know that I have been bugging you about pics of the 260, sorry. I just ordered one , please tell me of any clearance issues, modifications needed and when riding 2 up. I truly appreciate any info that you can provide..... Thanks

Ps I'm jealous of your budget to get all of the cool stuff because it looks great!

Hey. Sorry man I totally forgot to upload a shot.. here you go. There is no clearance issues or anything you need to do. I'm 1.5 inches lowered and ride 2 up all the time. No problems.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:40 AM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Hey. Sorry man I totally forgot to upload a shot.. here you go. There is no clearance issues or anything you need to do. I'm 1.5 inches lowered and ride 2 up all the time. No problems.

good to know
thanks much

Old 10-21-2014, 10:03 PM
Roadstrdude
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Really Like the way your bike turned out... and your choice of mods.... Nice Looking BO...!!!

Quick Reply: My 2014 Breakout