Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone regret their purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 07:44 PM
AHH
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Not that there is anything wrong with a douche...
Freakin' great!!!

Old 09-01-2014, 06:17 AM
docwells
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no regrets on buying a Breakout. It is an awesome machine.
What an upgrade over my Sportster.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:47 AM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have already posted to this, but will again. The Breakout is the best Harley I have ever owned. Comfortable for me right off the showroom floor. Could the seat be a little better? Yea, but it is already miles above most factory seats.

I love it even more every time I ride it. 0 regrets and that is coming from a person who analyzes the hell out of everything and usually rides something for a month and wants something else. Maybe the only time I have been 100% satisfied with a motorcycle.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:52 AM
Plvs Vltra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah regrets ... sometimes I see a Deluxe on here and think "I should have gone with a Deluxe." Or "a bit more and I could have gotten an RKC...." The funny thing is, I only ever feel that way when I am on here. When I look at my bike, I smile, when I ride it, I am in love. The best hing about my bike is that I can make it my own. It is an extention of me and my personality. Sure it is just a "thing," but it is the one thing that truely makes me happy. The only real regret I have is I don't have a second Harley ... yet. I'm looking at you Breakout. Need a black themed to go with the chrome theme.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:41 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keep doing your research, the break-out is a great looking bike but for that price you can get a super nice touring soft tail. base your decision on what your going to use the bike for, if your touring then I wouldn't get the Breakout. the heritage soft tail classic or street glide would be a better choice for around the same price. I commute 70 miles a day and would definitely want something more touring oriented.

I don't understand why the breakout is better than a Fat bob which is $4,000 less. I guess because ii just has a nicer design and more chrome. But when you break it out into a monthly payment it's only like $40 a month more to get the breakout..

Last edited by 06Sporty75; 09-03-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:36 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey Drew
about to go try and make a deal at the dealership. looking at a breakout, have ridden it and like the ride and styling but can't get over the price of these things. $20k isn seems so crazy to me, but i really like the bike.

thoughts?
Why do you need to start with a new bike?

Personally, I only buy used. I can't even see the point, when it's so easy to find one 2 or 3 years old that has been sitting in a garage with hardly any miles on it for several thousand less. Not to mention - a breakout is just a softail with a few of the changes the factory figured you might make to your own softail. Expand your sea4rch to used bikes and other sofgtail models, realizing that you can change parts on any one you buy, and you will have a lot better price range to choose from - you can easily ride a nice softail for half that price.

Unlike what some say, I don't see a Honda as a subsitute (and I have owned Hondas). If it came down to a $10K Honda and a $20K Harley, I'd have to pay the $20K.

Last edited by brenn; 09-04-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Jeff71
Advanced

Picked mine up Saturday, no complaints from me but the wife said the pillion pad is vinyl covered rock and it is.

I noticed several used BO's with a couple of thousand miles in the $15k range, they just weren't very close to me, otherwise, I might have just bought a used one myself.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 255 Likes on 158 Posts

i picked mine up last weekend used with only 372 miles and one year of warranty left.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Congrats on the BO softail! This thread is just another example that a very high percentage of the people that buy softails love their ride. It is understandable why there are so many haters. I enjoy my motorcycles and not for what they can do but how they make me feel. I hardly ever see a softail owner bashing someone else's ride or comparing their bike to completely different bike because happy owners don't hate.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Michael Sowers
Stage III

not if you live in California. Tax on the whole amount

Quick Reply: anyone regret their purchase?