Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone regret their purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 255 Likes on 158 Posts
Default anyone regret their purchase?

about to go try and make a deal at the dealership. looking at a breakout, have ridden it and like the ride and styling but can't get over the price of these things. $20k isn seems so crazy to me, but i really like the bike.

thoughts?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:36 AM
ctluba
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Most dealers have a whole line of used bikes with very low miles with quite a savings over brand new. Besides that, no other thoughts.

Good luck with your purchase.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:41 AM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I just bought a 14 Breakout in July. I know exactly what you are feeling. However, every time I get on the bike and go for a ride I know exactly why I bought it. Breakout is just a fantastic machine and worth every penny.

Taking a test ride just doesn't do it justice. Going down the road by yourself, imagining the entrance music and scene to Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, not a better feeling in the world my friend.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 752 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey Drew
about to go try and make a deal at the dealership. looking at a breakout, have ridden it and like the ride and styling but can't get over the price of these things. $20k isn seems so crazy to me, but i really like the bike.

thoughts?
A $15K KIA will haul your butt just as well as a $40K Cadillac.
So why buy a Cadillac?

An $8K Honda Shadow will haul your butt just as well as a $20K Breakout.
So why buy a Breakout?

If it helps you:
In 10 years the Honda Shadow will be worth around $2K which computes that it cost $6K to own for 10 years or $50 a month.
In 10 years I imagine the Breakout will be worth at least $10K which computes that it cost $10K to own for 10 years or $83 a month.

So you have to ask yourself; would you rather ride a Honda Shadow for 10 years for $50 a month or ride a Harley Davidson Breakout for an additional $33 a month?

Obviously those on this forum would choose the Breakout.
Obviously since you're on this forum I think I know your preference.

Now go make the damn deal on the Breakout!!!!!

Last edited by Bluraven; 08-13-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:47 AM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Oh and to add, my Breakout seat is about 20 times better than my Night Train was.

I can ride the Breakout all day and take a few walk breaks of 10 minutes every 150 miles and be good to go. I don't come home feeling like I just rode a Bull.

Breakout is just a great ride. You are looking at the Fatboy too. Not my thing, I like the drag bike look. However, get what you love. It is like a woman, you will know the one when you see it.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Dutch101st
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

No regrets what so ever with my purchase of my 2014 Slim...buying that bike (my first ever) has been, hands down, the BEST thing I have ever done for myself. Purchased with only 6 miles on it, I am about to roll over to 4K (should happen by end of this week).

This bike has given to me freedom, confidence, joy and a new perspective...It has reconnected me with my younger days of being a mechanic (63B, US Army, 85-91) as I do as much wrenching on my scoot as much as I can. Words just simply cannot express how much I love riding- it does surprise me how much I appreciate it as it has FAR surpassed my expectations.

If I did have a regret or two it would be 1- that I do not have a second bike and 2- not having enough cash right now to buy a second bike (going to buy used this next time around). I am hoping come tax time and yearly bonus time, I will have some scratch together enough to purchase.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No regrets whatsoever here. It's a toy, and we pay to play. It's also my return to sanity on those bad days.. I love my breakout - the looks, the ride, everything about it. Given the chance, I'd do it all over again.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:58 AM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I never regret buying a Harley. I Like them all ,wish I had the money garage would be full. Old and New. V Rod to Ultra

Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 AM
kaizoku
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My only regret is buying a Softail instead of a Dyna.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kaizoku
My only regret is buying a Softail instead of a Dyna.
Just curious, but why so?

Quick Reply: anyone regret their purchase?