Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Losing Interest

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm sorry but I don't really understand your post. Have you lost interest in motorcycles, Harley, your Harley, customization, or riding your motorcycle? Regardless of your reasons you could always sell it and move on. We all have to do what is best for us.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:18 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am 64 also. There are times I don't really feel like getting out on the Harley, but I tell myself to do it just like you push yourself to go to the gym. I know I will feel better if I make myself get out on the bike. Sometimes that short ride turns into a much longer one.

It helps to if I give myself a destination or a task to accomplish that I can ride to rather than just riding around aimlessly. Keep riding...it help keeps you sharp mentally and physically if you do it right

Old 08-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Bones77
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride motorcycles because I want to. Not because of somebody else's opinion or idea.

Do what you want to do. Things come and go. So do interests.

Lost of interest in hobbies and activities is a sign of depression. If you think this might be an issue for you, you might want to see your doctor.

Bones.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:42 AM
WildBill_50
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailsfrommycrib
I'm sorry but I don't really understand your post. Have you lost interest in motorcycles, Harley, your Harley, customization, or riding your motorcycle? Regardless of your reasons you could always sell it and move on. We all have to do what is best for us.
I too think you need to decide what exactly you have lost interest in. If you have lost interest in Motorcycles then put the bike in storage for a while and see if you interest perks back up. If not Sell it.

Reading your post it seems to me that the problem is the customization did go the way you had planned or thought it would be. We all get this picture in our minds of something / project will turn out and when it doesn't then you tend to feel bad or depression sets in. It also could be that a springer just isn't you cup of tea. So trade it in for something that does excite you.

Last year I didn't ride much mainly due to medical reasons but also I became bored with the bike. I just wasn't comfortable on it as I used to be.
So when the medical issues started to get better I decided to start looking at what I didn't like on the bike. I decided stock bars were to high for me so it now has Road King bars. Next I changed the seat to put me in a better riding position and last I did some accessory changes. Now I'm back in love with my bike. You may need to do the same. Good Luck.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:56 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by badluckfxsts
Have any of you lost interest in your bike?
I've never lost interest in riding but yes, sometimes I just don't want to be in the garage. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless a year goes by. Then have your head examined!

That springer IS one of the best factory bikes ever!

Old 08-19-2014, 01:15 PM
proraptor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride everyday. My harley is my main form of transportation therefore I cannot loose interest in it haha

Old 08-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I guess the bug is either in your or it isn't. The only thing keeping me from doing a dozen other mods is $$. But still I ride.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Jimbojo
Cruiser

Sell it at a loss, then in a couple of years go for a ride on a loaner and you will realize what you are missing, then you can drop some cash on a new (or used) one...Oh wait that's what I did, on the other hand, don't do that, get out and ride it. Thinks about how lucky you are to own a unique machine that lots of guys want but not many can afford. Be thankful that you are healthy enough to ride, again many who want too, can't. I have ridden motorcycle off and on since I was thirteen, when ever I get caught up in life and "lose interest", I find out that in the end all I have lost is time and I'll never get that back.

Jimbo

Old 08-19-2014, 06:26 PM
newjack66
Intermediate

Originally Posted by badluckfxsts
I had kept my FXSTS basically the way it came from HD except paint and a 150 rear tire. Earlier this year I decided to change some things since part of my plan was to have JD install a Shotgun Shock while I was in Laughlin.

Before the Laughlin run I switched to white walls, installed a Deluxe fender, tombstone tail light, Deluxe seat and passenger pillion. I swapped the buckhorn bars for 16" NY Chopper apes (didn't realize they actually measure over 18" till it was too late).

I started to fabricate a custom FL style fender for my FX springer front end but ran out of time. Tried to find a set of Samson duals but at the time they increased the price, had none available and complaints of delayed back orders made me decide to just keep what I had since Laughlin was right around the corner. I also picked up some used HD floor boards and brackets but didn't install them.

Now it's months later and the bike is exactly the same as it was when I rode to Laughlin. I haven't ridden it much and still haven't "finished" it. The boards still aren't on, I've learned to live with the bars, I have no desire to finish fabricating the front fender and changing the exhaust just isn't a thought right now. I'm actually thinking about putting it back the way it was but honestly I have no desire to do that either. Everyone says I'm crazy and should just "finish" it. Have any of you lost interest in your bike?
I know what your going through, I had all these plans, started a few & have lost interest.

I got into biking about seven years ago all guns blazing. My ultimate aim was to own a Harley which I do after several 'metrics'.

One thing that can work, it did for me, and other members have mentioned it, is go to a few bike shops and sit on some bikes and maybe take them for a ride.

I rode on my softail. Looked at quite a few bikes, then got back on my bike, started her up and thought ..... I love my HD as I rode off .....

Wish you all the best for whichever way you go.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:28 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Totaly lost interest in modding...just want to ride it now, hell I dont even wash it much. Shes no show pig, its all for daddy

Quick Reply: Losing Interest