Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decel pop and Powervision

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 12:49 AM
erbssr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plus Arlen Ness Big Sucker & Rush slip on's. That's what they advertise & it feels like a different bike. Gas mileage did not change either up or down.

Last edited by erbssr; 08-20-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:28 AM
paulmj
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

This is really useful info. I am, however, the kind of person that quite likes decal popping. I guess I just like to be anti-social.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:03 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by erbssr
Shoulda gotten the Dobeck Performance EJK(Electronic Jet Kit) NO decel popping, 21% torque increase, 19% HP increase, smoother & cooler operation....just sayin'
Respectfully, please understand the skepticism you get when you make a statement like that about a product most have never heard of, and based only on advertised claims of the perfect product.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:08 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,400 Likes on 4,011 Posts

Plus Arlen Ness Big Sucker & Rush slip on's. That's what they advertise & it feels like a different bike. Gas mileage did not change either up or down.
I have no doubt that you get a good seat of the pants improvement with a better air cleaner, freer flowing exhaust, and a piggy back device...

But those specific numbers are total marketing hype...!

Be careful quoting manufacturers claims.... most are exaggerated at best.

Enjoy your ride...!

Old 08-20-2014, 04:29 PM
erbssr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by atlantaallen
Respectfully, please understand the skepticism you get when you make a statement like that about a product most have never heard of, and based only on advertised claims of the perfect product.
I understand most have never heard of Dobeck Performance but look them up. They make controllers for all types of vehicles. One reason you don't hear about them is because your local dealer wants to sell you high dollar V&H or Cobra units. The Dobeck EJK sells for $250 and if you are a retired or military, you get $75 off that so it was only $175 including free shipping. No dyno, no PC needed to tune or install, no remapping of stock ECM

I knew about them from a Marine buddy in my Combat Vets chapter who has them on both his bikes.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:48 PM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand most have never heard of Dobeck Performance but look them up. They make controllers for all types of vehicles. One reason you don't hear about them is because your local dealer wants to sell you high dollar V&H or Cobra units. The Dobeck EJK sells for $250 and if you are a retired or military, you get $75 off that so it was only $175 including free shipping. No dyno, no PC needed to tune or install, no remapping of stock ECM

I knew about them from a Marine buddy in my Combat Vets chapter who has them on both his bikes.
Again, I stand by my original statement about manufacturers claims being taken as the gospel. Also. The manufacturer doesn't compare their unit against the PV which started this thread. I will take the PV based on hundreds here who use it against the almighty Doesomething and their claims

Old 08-21-2014, 12:35 AM
erbssr
Cruiser

Your choice my friend, I'm happy with what I've got. Actually, just cause everyone else buys something doesn't mean it is the best product, only the best promoted.