Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't reach rear brake pedal due to air cleaner

Old 08-18-2014, 09:24 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

lol... is this the leprechaun biker room or something? You all really can't reach the pedals? Put a block of wood on it until you grow up

....that's all I got...

Old 08-18-2014, 10:53 PM
DAV
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
lol... is this the leprechaun biker room or something? You all really can't reach the pedals? Put a block of wood on it until you grow up

....that's all I got...

My air cleaner straight mounted (not forward offset like hyper chargers), over 3" out from the baseplate and 5" in diameter (a motor has got to breath!). My knee does tap the thing once in a while, but if this big ol' filter doesn't create a problem I'm gonna need to see pics of the monster that does - I've never given it a second thought leg clearance wise. I've got an average inseam and am 6'1" - maybe I'm just that bow legged from all these years on the highway.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Notch in pedal arm to clear floorboard arm.

Here are the pictures of the rear brake pedal arm that has been repositioned using my bench top vice with soft jaw inserts and a ford wrench with soft jaw inserts. I do have floorboard extensions installed, I have a 27" inseam, yeah I'm short..... lol...

Last edited by Ramboamt; 08-20-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,170 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom Products
You can also try a low profile Air Cleaner like our Outlaw 587.

They provide plenty of leg room to where you do not feel cramped.

Click HERE to see lots of different options.

Hey DK quick question. I am thinking of going with one of your kits. I have an 05 FI Fatboy stage one with the download. If I swapped my Harley stage one filter for yours would I need to get a tuner or would the Harley stage one download already on the bike be good enough?

Old 08-19-2014, 03:37 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Scudda
Hey DK quick question. I am thinking of going with one of your kits. I have an 05 FI Fatboy stage one with the download. If I swapped my Harley stage one filter for yours would I need to get a tuner or would the Harley stage one download already on the bike be good enough?
That is a very loaded question.

Lets just say it depends on who you ask. Since you are asking me, I will tell you what I think.

The dealer download still has to stay within EPA requirements which still has a lean mixture to it. Im not saying your bike will blow up if you don't get a tuner, but I am saying that it will run much better with some sort of tuner. (This means something more than the dealer download)

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 08-19-2014, 04:17 PM
John_HD
Tourer

Originally Posted by NSR

....that's all I got...
I'm 5'10-5'11. Not tall but not short either.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Mathis
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR

....that's all I got...
Aw, come on Man! Give him a break. He's already sitting on a phone book.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Tyree
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give DK Customs serious consideration. Switched out the HD Stage 1 with DK's 587 Intake & Traditional Breather. Had the same amount of decel pop as before, FP3 fixed that. Attached photo shows the relationship of the 587 to break pedal.

Attached Thumbnails Can't reach rear brake pedal due to air cleaner-image.jpg  
Old 08-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default reachin

I've got an inseam deficit and I cured the pedal reach problem by going with a forward sweep air cleaner. The one I use is by S&S and has two tuned runners, so they say, with two air cleaners. I can even use my Engine guards for a foot rest now.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:39 PM
Freightran
Advanced

I"ve had to twist my foot to reach the pedal on my '07 FXSTC even with stock air cleaner housing on it. Just got used to it, though have wanted to get some kind of extension pad for it.

I have 3" forward controls and still not better. Don't wanna just curve the arm in a vise, I want something a bit more refined then that. Even it that means making a new arm and chroming/powdercoat it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can't reach rear brake pedal due to air cleaner