Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage vs. DeLuxe

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
That's beeeyoootiful.

I only want the bags and windshield for longer trips. Around town I want it to look like yours. This would be a no brainer if the Heritage came with quick disconnect bags.

I could be wrong but I thought I read in last years catalog that there is a quick detatch system available for the Heritage and it's bags. They demonstrated this on a bike with the custom blue and white paint set. Can't remember the name but it was sharp. Someone here has that bike.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:43 PM
MicahB339
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
That's beeeyoootiful.

I only want the bags and windshield for longer trips. Around town I want it to look like yours. This would be a no brainer if the Heritage came with quick disconnect bags.
It takes me 4 miniutes to take my heritage bags off.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking

Update; it was the 2013 catalog, paint set is called Bomb Shell, and part no. 90200641 Heritage Classic Quick Detach Saddlebag Conversion Kit.

Looky here on this link for details:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ssic-parts.pdf

Here's that bike. Try not to pee on yourself . . .

Old 08-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

The Deluxe and the Heritage are both beautiful bikes. I ride 2-up fairly often and the wife found the Heritage much more comfortable. With this in mind, the bags and windshield are practical accessories. I don't mind the studs.

Another difference is the Heritage has fender tip lamps not found on the Deluxe. Now THAT makes it worth it.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,757 Likes on 1,438 Posts

Originally Posted by deezy139
What's really interesting is the Road King is $100 less than the Heritage and comes with hard bags, higher output motor, and adjustable air suspension (albeit not mounted like a softail). I don't think this is an easy A + B = C type of thing.
Also the Road King has the 6 gallon tank & cruise control.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

The deluxe is so sweet. I wanted a softail bagger and the heritage was the best for that.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:31 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

I looked at the heritage for months and never saw the deluxe on the floor. Dealer pointed it out to me and I feel in luv. Bought it the next day. What held me back on the heritage was what u guys are talking about. Flimsy bags, non release sissybar and windshield and spots. I got such a deal on the 2013 that I figured I can buy leatherpro lockable bags and a deluxe removable sissybar and come out way ahead. Don't need windshield for my type of riding, matter of fact, I have never had one. Another difference between the 2 is the deluxe has bullet turn signals front and rear and is lowered by 1 inch.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:22 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleeko
Update; it was the 2013 catalog, paint set is called Bomb Shell, and part no. 90200641 Heritage Classic Quick Detach Saddlebag Conversion Kit.

Looky here on this link for details:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ssic-parts.pdf

Here's that bike. Try not to pee on yourself . . .

Woohoo!!

I am installing the HD quick disconnect kit on my Dyna, but, obviously, you need quick disconnect bags at the same time.

I didn't know there was a quick disconnect conversion for Heritage bags! Thanks for the info!

Old 08-20-2014, 09:50 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

In addition to what everyone has already mentioned (I own both a Deluxe and a Heritage), the Deluxe seat sits you VERY close to the tank which can be problematic if you are a taller rider. Of course, you can swap out the stock Deluxe seat. SJ Ron

Old 08-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Coastal_Moto_Man
Former Sponsor
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
The Deluxe and the Heritage are both beautiful bikes. I ride 2-up fairly often and the wife found the Heritage much more comfortable. With this in mind, the bags and windshield are practical accessories. I don't mind the studs.

Another difference is the Heritage has fender tip lamps not found on the Deluxe. Now THAT makes it worth it.

Now this is a fine looking Heritage!! Bone Doc you did a great job of giving it a true classic look. I am not a windshield or saddlebag guy so I went with the Deluxe. But I could see myself on this machine here.

Great Job!

Quick Reply: Heritage vs. DeLuxe