Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daymaker fitment 2006 Deuce

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Daymaker fitment 2006 Deuce

I installed the Daymaker this morning and I'm having a problem with the fit. It's loose in the housing. I called the local HD dealer about the HD vibration kit and they couldn't tell me either way about whether it would work or not so for $7 I had them order it.

Has anyone had an issue with this before with the Daymaker not fitting in the stock housing?

Old 05-02-2016, 07:04 AM
jdsmitty10
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this is an old thread but I have the same problem on my deuce and wondering what you did to fix the problem? I bought the vibration damper and it is too big or something and wont let the daymaker sit into the bucket. without the damper it is loose to almost a quarter inch of play inside the bucket with the trim ring installed...

Old 05-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by jdsmitty10
I know this is an old thread but I have the same problem on my deuce and wondering what you did to fix the problem? I bought the vibration damper and it is too big or something and wont let the daymaker sit into the bucket. without the damper it is loose to almost a quarter inch of play inside the bucket with the trim ring installed...
There was a trim ring or something from inside the stock housing that helped to hold it. And the vibration damper does fit. It's tight though. Without it, you'll get a pretty noticeable metal on metal vibration sound.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:33 AM
jdsmitty10
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Village Idiot™
There was a trim ring or something from inside the stock housing that helped to hold it. And the vibration damper does fit. It's tight though. Without it, you'll get a pretty noticeable metal on metal vibration sound.
So your saying I basically need to force the daymaker into the housing with the vibration damper in there? Seems to be a quarter inch off. Seems like that would be too much to force if you know what I am saying.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Mine was originally super loose, but then I had an extra ring or something that didn't look like it was supposed to fit.

After that I though I didn't need the damper because everything seemed snug but after two or three weeks of hearing a vibration and finally figuring out it was from the headlight, I put it in. It's a very tight fit, but it does what it's supposed to. I can get some photos one day. I have a few other adjustments I have to make and will hopefully have some free time at some point this week.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:32 PM
jdsmitty10
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Village Idiot™
Mine was originally super loose, but then I had an extra ring or something that didn't look like it was supposed to fit.

After that I though I didn't need the damper because everything seemed snug but after two or three weeks of hearing a vibration and finally figuring out it was from the headlight, I put it in. It's a very tight fit, but it does what it's supposed to. I can get some photos one day. I have a few other adjustments I have to make and will hopefully have some free time at some point this week.
Thanks. I think I got it. The metal ring with a notch in it was stuck to the stock headlight. I pulled that off and put it on with the day maker. Took a lot of force to get it pressed down and get the outer ring engaged. Do you remember using some force to get the day maker pressed down enough to engage the outer trim ring?
Thanks

Old 05-03-2016, 06:13 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by jdsmitty10
Thanks. I think I got it. The metal ring with a notch in it was stuck to the stock headlight. I pulled that off and put it on with the day maker. Took a lot of force to get it pressed down and get the outer ring engaged. Do you remember using some force to get the day maker pressed down enough to engage the outer trim ring?
Thanks
Quite a bit.

The following users liked this post:
jdsmitty10 (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 08:10 AM
jdsmitty10
Road Captain

thanks for the help VillageIdiot!