Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know of any sources for Hard Bags for Heritage?

Old 08-31-2014, 05:14 PM
RodT
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know of any sources for Hard Bags for Heritage?

I really dont like the look of my studded leather bags. I have a 2011 Black Heritage Classic and would like to go to hard bags. Some of the I have seen just look too short. I love the look of the Road GLide and Street Glide, but wow! 25K before tax and license??!!!?? Harley told me about $2000 to do what I wanted. Any suggestions for other alternatives to get rid of the leather bags and go to a hard bag that doesnt look like an afterthought?
Thank You.

Old 08-31-2014, 06:37 PM
mskirwin
Club Member
Received 1,449 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Take a look at these bags www.bbreproductions.com/
I put viking bags on my 01 softail. IMO they look great, but I've had nothing but problems keeping them closed. There customer service stinks. Just last week the spring clip under the lock broke. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to fix that. I have over 7000 miles on them and they still look good.

Mike

Old 08-31-2014, 06:49 PM
CB1
Tourer

Reckless started making some. According to the pic, Heritage blinkers do not need to be relocated, only other softail models.

http://www.recklessmotorcycles.com/s-heritage.htm

Last edited by CB1; 08-31-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:53 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,123 Likes on 6,205 Posts

Have you looked at the bags on the cvo Softail ? They would probably bolt right up.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:13 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Matazu (spelling?), www.a1hardbags.com , Beetlebags.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:54 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default baggin

Have you looked at the Road King Classic bags? I've got them on both my Fatboy Lo and Crossbones. Not quite the capacity as the Glass bags but in my opinion look like they belong being a leather covered hard bag. Cycle Vision makes the brackets but you have to move your blinkers. Got my last setup on Flea Bay for 450$

Old 09-06-2014, 05:35 PM
big_dee
Stage IV

Originally Posted by mskirwin
Take a look at these bags www.bbreproductions.com/
I put viking bags on my 01 softail. IMO they look great, but I've had nothing but problems keeping them closed. There customer service stinks. Just last week the spring clip under the lock broke. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to fix that. I have over 7000 miles on them and they still look good.

Mike
what viking bags do u have?? is it the hard bags? i found some on ebay for cheap ( 180 ) and debating pulling the trigger.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I got mine from ridebikegear.com

Old 09-16-2014, 03:11 PM
MikeZ
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
Have you looked at the bags on the cvo Softail ? They would probably bolt right up.

The CVO bags are really nice and you could make them quick-detach. I also like the seats on the CVOs, which look much better than the wide FLSTC saddle when stripped down without the bags.

OP, your price estimate for a new SG is a bit high, though. You can definitely negotiate the standard version for around $20,500 out the door. You may want to consider it. I recently traded my Heritage for one. The Rushmore enhancements really sold me. Worth a look before you spring for expensive leather goods.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:09 PM
mskirwin
Club Member
Received 1,449 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by big_dee
what viking bags do u have?? is it the hard bags? i found some on ebay for cheap ( 180 ) and debating pulling the trigger.
Sorry have'nt been on the forum lastly yes they are hard bags. They are. The. Lamellar large bags.

Hope this helps you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone know of any sources for Hard Bags for Heritage?