Softail Parts This is the place to post your Softail Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.
Mark this thread as Unsold

(POSSIBLY) F/S:H-D Rocker Passenger Seat System

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default (POSSIBLY) F/S:H-D Rocker Passenger Seat System

Hey Gang,

I have one of those rear passenger set ups that Harley put out for the Rocker some years back. Initially it was going to go to my brother who owned a Rocker C with a Danny Gray seat but he recently sold it. At that point I was planning to use it on my Crossbones conversion. However, I would have to modify the rack and seat to accommodate the narrow rear of my Bones compared to the Rocker. I am thinking that maybe butchering this perfectly good set up is not the way to go and am currently researching other ideas to add a two up system to my bobber conversion. Figured that instead I should try and get some money outta this to help finish up the last details of my project.

The system includes the gray colored struts, the chrome rack, chrome sissy bar, passenger pillion and backrest pad. These are all as pictured below. I believe I have the four chrome bolts and washers that attach this system to your Rocker. If I can find them I will throw them in. System does not include any passenger pegs. Overall the system is in pretty great shape. I just pulled it out of storage so pardon the fact that it's a bit dusty in the photos below. The chrome is in great shape with very little signs of use. The struts have some signs of use but otherwise are also perfectly good. The seat pad is in perfect shape minus the dust. The only real flaw I found on the set-up is what appears to be a small hole on the back side of the back rest close to the chrome sissy bar. You can see it in pic #4 and 5. Honestly, I don't know if it's a tear or if it's where the seam is getting pulled tight against the sissy bar and separating which I have seen happen on other backrests. Either way it is a minor flaw and easily covered up if not repaired all together.

If you have any other questions just hit me up here or via PM. For those of you who are new to the forums and can't PM, email me at cgrodriguez@earthlink.net

NOW WITH PICS!!!

Last edited by Skeezmachine; 02-09-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

If no interest here I will throw them up on eBay...

Shoot me an offer but please, no offers to only buy bits and pieces of the set up. I'd rather get rid of it as a whole.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:30 AM
icarus71
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternative to selling the parts

Would be a shame to give up such hard to find parts. Are you still interested in finding a way to attach it to your Crossbones? I recall seeing a post a few years back where someone created a single piece adapter to use the touring setup on a narrower bike frame. I believe it allowed him to use the setup as is, no modifications. I could scan through my saved links of Rocker Mods this weekend and possibly find the thread.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by icarus71
Would be a shame to give up such hard to find parts. Are you still interested in finding a way to attach it to your Crossbones? I recall seeing a post a few years back where someone created a single piece adapter to use the touring setup on a narrower bike frame. I believe it allowed him to use the setup as is, no modifications. I could scan through my saved links of Rocker Mods this weekend and possibly find the thread.
I had two of these set at one point. One still in the box with a windshield. Sold that one some years ago.

To be honest, having a passenger seat on my bike is a pretty low priority. I was going to do it given that I had two of these sets at one point. I've decided that given a few things that are much higher priority such as fuel management, I would rather get the money from this piece to use on the things I really need and have the seat go to someone who can really use it.

I saw only two on eBay and they are crazy expensive! One is a complete kit like mine and is selling for over $800. The other is just the seat pad, sissy bar and backrest pad and is selling for somewhere over $300. I sold a set complete with the windshield, brand new in the box a couple years ago for $600!

Anyway. I don't think I really need to keep this and there are other options out there for a passenger seat that may better suit my ride.

Thanks for the advice, though.

Cesar

Old 01-15-2017, 01:03 AM
icarus71
Intermediate

Glad to help, just thought I'd check before you gave them up. I've seen the setups on ebay recently and agree they are aksing too much money. I get that they are rare parts but ask above original MSRP price is why he has had to relist multiple times before getting a sale.

I came across a new post on an old thread of someone looking from a few weeks ago. I am going to give him the link to this thread. Hopefully he sees it makes a decent offer. Good luck

Old 01-15-2017, 08:35 AM
Grapeman
Stage IV

Hi, I've been looking around for this set up . How much are you asking for the complete setup with shipping to NY 14048? Please let me know and hopefully we can strike a deal.
Chris

Old 01-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Hey there!

So sorry about the late response. Let me know if you are still interested and we can work out a price. I can also grab pics of the actual item for you this weekend if needed.

Thanks,

Skeez

Originally Posted by Grapeman
Hi, I've been looking around for this set up . How much are you asking for the complete setup with shipping to NY 14048? Please let me know and hopefully we can strike a deal.
Chris

Old 01-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Grapeman
Stage IV
Default Yes, I'm interested in purchasing

Hi, I'm interested in your seat setup. Might be best to email me chris71challenger@hotmail.com

Old 01-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Damemphisman1
3rd Gear

I would be interested. stevenmichaelyoung@gmail.com

Old 02-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

For those of you asking; yes, I am still planning on selling this. I just got it out of storage and will try to have photos up soon. So far no one has made any offers so not sure if I need to price it myself?

Quick Reply: (POSSIBLY) F/S:H-D Rocker Passenger Seat System