Bad Boy Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 01:03 PM
JimmyDee
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

You might give Eyezon Custom Gauges a try, certainly helped me out last year with an old speedo.
bob@eyezonegauges.com - Bob - 323-864-1109
Good Luck!

Old 02-08-2016, 07:42 PM
tgaetto
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyDee
You might give Eyezon Custom Gauges a try, certainly helped me out last year with an old speedo.
bob@eyezonegauges.com - Bob - 323-864-1109
Good Luck!
Thanks to you and Sirharley!

Does everyone ditch the speedo cable?

My bike has 34k on the clock, speedo looks stock and appears it sat untouched for a few years. There are some obvious service marks and some wear but overall the bike seems tight.. I'd say the amount of wear is true to the mileage. Bike had the stock breather and slipons but for the most part seems relatively untouched. Looks like it was washed but never "cleaned" caked weeping and dust which I was actually ok with. Cleaned it up and can see what it turns up. Not like I won't go through and freshen it up after this riding season..

Old 02-08-2016, 08:18 PM
SirHarley
Road Warrior

Received 977 Likes on 504 Posts
Cool

I doubt it. Looks like you have a 1995. I have a 1997 and it has an electronic speedo' and the dash is connected by wire. No cable on the front wheel. Maybe ask around. See if you can convert it. The electronic speedo was a great improvement! If you can mount a sensor unit on your transmission (you may have a block off plate over the hole), then I see no reason you cant upgrade. Of course you will need a newer or used speedo. Not too hard to find.(any Softail custom) Also You may or may not need a new dash housing.

Just a thought here...the mechanical speedo is kind of a retro thing now. Not too bad a look on the Bad Boy. Unless your really unhappy with it, think about keeping it.

One of the best attributes of the Bad Boy is the retro look before retro became a fad. I remember we called it 50's technology! If you look at even older Harley Springer's (mid 80's) the front fender mounted up about 4" above the tire. They redesigned the springer front fender to move up and down with the forks, and it looks much better.

Stay Cool.....

Old 02-08-2016, 09:59 PM
tgaetto
Road Warrior
Default Speedo

Ah, yes seem to remember the speedo transition as a big thing for people to make the change. Its been a while since I've had a softail, glad to be back though!

Been looking at some wheels, once I have those in place I'm done except for the ever changing exhaust… I think it was 7 total on my y2k and 6 on my 06 SG.

Was digging around in the garage and found 2 tuners and some other stuff I can sell to offset the wheels so it looks good right now. I have a whole bunch coming on the brown truck this week…

Old 02-09-2016, 03:54 PM
tgaetto
Road Warrior
Default Cables

I got my stock bars today, tried to order the cables and it seems they are obsolete and have not been superseded? I was really hoping to get a stock brake line. Any ideas will late model stuff work?

This is the stuff I don't miss...

Old 02-09-2016, 06:22 PM
SirHarley
Road Warrior

Received 977 Likes on 504 Posts

You'll need to know the stock length of the factory cables on the stock bars when the bike was delivered. Harley Parts dealers can help here. Go to any after market V-Twin catalog, Then look up stock cables for 1995 throttle and clutch. It's not that hard, just read the entire description twice, then read it again. Since your going to stock lengths, it should be easy peasey...The catalog should list cables for all Softails that year. Try Drag Specialties. Go to J & P Cycles as well. They can help for sure as long you are going stock. Perhaps get online help there once you know the details.If you have a V-Twin (Non Harley) in your hood then go there. Can U go back to the guy who sold you the bike? If he did the switch he probably still has the cables.
I think you are smart going back to original specs on the handle bars. It just looks better...

Last edited by SirHarley; 02-09-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:39 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,778 Likes on 2,114 Posts

Originally Posted by tgaetto
It appears the trim and gasket for the odometer is obsolete? Any ideas where to find? Ive tried many searches and aftermarket books? I am also looking for forward controls +2 or 3" I had some APC back in the day and loved them seems the only ones out there now are not what Im looking for…

Any help appreciated!
You can find most stuff with a google search just putting in the part number. Ronnies in Pittsfield Mass has a parts finder on line with most all original numbers available along with quite a few parts still available.Remember back then lots of parts interchanged between models,trim and bezel pieces among that list.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:45 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

I have these 3-1/2" forwards for sale 75.00 + shipping. they use the stock Master and rod.

Last edited by back again; 02-09-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:55 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by tgaetto
I got my stock bars today, tried to order the cables and it seems they are obsolete and have not been superseded? I was really hoping to get a stock brake line. Any ideas will late model stuff work?

This is the stuff I don't miss...
I'm pretty sure I have a stock brake line from my 96. I will give you the measurements between the rubber and hard line with end angles if your interested.I believe any FX Springer line is the same or close enough to look stock.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:53 AM
tgaetto
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by back again
I'm pretty sure I have a stock brake line from my 96. I will give you the measurements between the rubber and hard line with end angles if your interested.I believe any FX Springer line is the same or close enough to look stock.
I spoke to a local dealer and he says he can get them and gave me part numbers to boot.

Ill gladly take the measurements tho! Appreciate the info/ offer

Quick Reply: Bad Boy Pictures