Night Train Pictures

Old 07-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Mursenary
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This past Saturday, the 26th I was coming back from the beach and ended up next to a guy in a red ford f150 who had a night train in the bed. Truck had an Iowa plate and the train had a super charger on it. I was curious if it was anybody's on here. Rode next to him all the way up to Chattanooga.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Pudge211
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
Love the new bag but the **** won't fit because of my axle covers haha. Do they fit with any axle covers?
Ink I have the axle covers and made a backing plate for the bag out of aluminum and used the existing belt guard holes to mount it. The plans are on the forums here somewhere. I painted the plate and sleeves with rust oleum epoxy paint. This is the only pic I have right now on my phone. I can get a better side view pic when I get home later.

Attached Thumbnails  Night Train Pictures-image.jpg  
Old 07-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

That's the go, I'll have a search for it. Looks good in that pic

Old 07-30-2014, 04:26 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Details here:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...eehuggers.html

It was worth every drop of blood, sweat and tear.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:34 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Dyo that looks sweet, nice and clean

Can't wait to get the new front end on, especially this meaty *** tyre

Attached Thumbnails  Night Train Pictures-image-3913561743.jpg    Night Train Pictures-image-2847827602.jpg  
Old 08-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Mursenary
Advanced

So...went for a ride today and it ended quickly as my bike started cutting out. I believe it is electrical in nature. I didnt have time to check it out because I had to head out of town but wanted to go ahead and see if others had some ideas. as you can see in the video that when I give it throttle it cuts out, the speedo drops and check engine light comes on and the bright lights symbol...just like when the key is on without it running. it does not take very much throttle at all. I had to baby it home at about 15 to 20 mph with it cutting out.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Mursenary
Advanced

So...went for a ride today and it ended quickly as my bike started cutting out. I believe it is electrical in nature. I didnt have time to check it out because I had to head out of town but wanted to go ahead and see if others had some ideas. as you can see in the video that when I give it throttle it cuts out, the speedo drops and check engine light comes on and the bright lights symbol...just like when the key is on without it running. it does not take very much throttle at all. I had to baby it home at about 15 to 20 mph with it cutting out.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:35 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Mursenary
Night train dying - YouTube
Are your turn signals self canceling still?

If they are not then it might be a bad speed sensor. I had that problem about a year ago. I had to pull the sensor and put in a new one. Solved the problem and I was back up and runnin normal.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Mursenary
Advanced

They were cancelling when the bike lost power. This is also when the check engine light came on just like I had only turned the switch on. If I let off the throttle it would all come back on again and the speedo would come back up.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Sorry Mursenary can't help you at all there.

While only giving myself a set time to finish my bike off at my brothers 1500km from home, I was falling behind time fast, so the week away at work that just past I left it with the local shop to do a few things to help me get this done in time before I head home.

Played around with suspension height...went a little bit low at first, looked great at this height, but raises it an inch since as there wasn't enough clearance. I want to keep the indicators up on the fork for a number of reasons, so it's limited how low I can get it a bit...

Attached Thumbnails  Night Train Pictures-image-3897464101.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures