Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It hadn't really gotten hot yet this year, G! LOL!

Old 08-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Rad_Mattrix
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
Not sure, but I think the idea of having to charge your battery all the time sounds like something I get sick of doing. Might try your idea with better battery, might look at the cost of a bigger starter too, I reckon the two together would fix the problem. Really wanted to spend the money on a HID headlight....and a brake upgrade....I swore to stop spending money on it for the rest of the year haha
save your money on the starter, you don't need a bigger one. Just the Decomps is enough. makes a huge difference. There will be no hesitation, that beast will fire right up!

Old 08-19-2014, 12:16 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks G lol. I've finally got the bike going again, the comp releases can wait another year haha. That combo you run sounds like the go, I'll look into it.

Rad it started with out too much hesitation before, it's after I added the belt drive.

It use have more drama once the bike was hot with the high compression. Now it's the other way around since adding the belt drive. First start cold it really struggles, but she's warmed up it starts alright, not the best but it doesn't struggle.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:35 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,792 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Originally Posted by Tx_Outlaw
It hadn't really gotten hot yet this year, G! LOL!
Yeah I know Chuck. The last couple weeks were fine but the last 4 days or so it sucks. Building I'm in has shear walls going in every direction coming out of the ground and cut off any breeze. I'm not much on Houston either. Frigging 610,290,I-10,59,45 all getting major roadwork including brides and roadbed all at the same time. I wonder which idiot got this happening at the same time.Give me Atlanta at rush hour any day.I stay 12 miles from the job and it always takes over an hour no matter which way I go.Mornings I come in 290 at 5AM and it's already loaded. I can tell y'all looking for work in any trade related to construction,oil fields even Cdl drivers Texas is where you want to be. High wages,hours galore it's happening here.I have worked all over this country building high rise commercial buildings since the early 70's and haven't seen a boom like Texas.
I disagree Rad the more power you have from the starter at initial cranking the longer it will last. The Harley starter is weak to start with. Most harleys suffer more from voltage line drop.The dreaded click.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Is it just me or does every time you change some thing on the bike, you find it conflicts the look of enough part, making you change that, then tjat part conflicts the look of something else and it just seams never ending??

Attached Thumbnails  Night Train Pictures-image-1432834575.jpg  
Old 08-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Rad_Mattrix
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ink83
Is it just me or does every time you change some thing on the bike, you find it conflicts the look of enough part, making you change that, then tjat part conflicts the look of something else and it just seams never ending??
Couldn't agree more! I am terrible for that, i am already looking at painting my oil tank to match the tins. Going to get rid of the clear cam cover, and get the RSD Nostalgia cam cover (to match the rocker covers) and would also like some different fender struts! it is never ending!

Old 08-21-2014, 02:42 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Ken oath, I need to give it a break

Old 08-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Rad_Mattrix
Advanced

I have a buddy who is looking for a good used 07 and up night train, low miles. If anyone knows of anything, please let me know. He is wanting to pick something up very soon. thank guys

Old 08-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Train tried to leave me stranded again. This time I didn't have a way to jump it off. I pulled all of the fuses and checked the connections again. This time the negative terminal was loose enough for me to find it. I tightened back up and it starts like I put a new battery in it. I could have swore that it was the first thing that I checked last time. Sometimes you get lucky and it's an easy fix. Could have been easier if I had caught it sooner though.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Rad_Mattrix
Advanced

what do you guys think about exhaust wrap? was maybe thinking of doing my pipes. have heard that they can cause them to crack! has this happened to anyone? or has it left behind any rust from holding in the moisture? also, how do you keep the colour in the wrap? My buddies faded pretty quick and didn't look very good afterwards.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures