Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:48 AM
paulca
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

Good choice of colour there Chester [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

I'm intrigued as to what you have on your sissybar.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:31 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Skips69,
Love that look with the pipes and all, but was wondering if your going to leave the sissy bar "as is"?
Reason I ask is that everytime I seethosetwo holes for the seat with nothing in themit makes me think that something is missing.
I know its not my bike and your entitled to do what you want with it, but might I suggest you stop off at the local bicycle shop and see about getting a pair of those little 1" red reflectors for a kids bike. You can get a pair of stainless steel or chromed acorn nuts from a hardware store to fit them and use them to fill up the holes.
The whole thing will probably cost less than the gas it takes to go get them. But it will fill up the holes with something that's at leastmarginally useful.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:26 PM
skips69
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, not riding too much right now. Been some decent weather, but missing most of the 50 degree days (work), and hitting all of the rainy days (off). So, not really on the forefront of my mind right now. I don't think it's too bad of a look, but once the weather warms up (for real), I'd probably take it off when I have the solo on the bike. The red reflectors definately won't be happening though, ha, ha. I already left them off of the front fork sliders, eventually will get the ones off of the rear fender too - don't want to add any more. Maybe some small sissy bar/backrest emblems to screw into the holes, or something else? But, probably just take the bar off altogether when the solo goes on.
I still plan to look into making a detacheable sissy bar for the stock seat. Maybe I'll get back onto that in a couple weeks and get the bags back to detacheable as well.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
skips69
Tourer

And, I just looked at my bike pic and seee the relector is on the sissy bar (was on the rear fender onmy last bike). Problem solved I guess when it is off for the solo........

Old 01-11-2007, 07:57 PM
azmcdude
Cruiser

Went with the black FXSTC as well......traded in an '04 Nighttrain. Drag bars were very uncomfortable on longer rides.......much more vibration compared to the mini apes. Having that 6th gear also helps with keeping the ride smoother at higher speeds. The stock seat didn't make it out of the dealership......they actually threw in the retro seat as it was on the bike at the time.......so if anyone wants/needs a stock seat I'll hook you up. Bars are next to go......replacing with the fat mini apes and mirrors with internal signals to ditch the front turn signals......I'll post pics when this has been done....should clean up the front end quite a bit......no coin for the chrome controls though.......anyone have any insight on V& H Fuel Pak versus PC III....I went V&H with the Big Shots staggered and the Ness Big Sucker.......definite difference but wondering if PCIII would have made more sense????

Old 01-12-2007, 08:42 AM
paulca
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: azmcdude

Went with the black FXSTC as well......traded in an '04 Nighttrain. Drag bars were very uncomfortable on longer rides.......much more vibration compared to the mini apes. Having that 6th gear also helps with keeping the ride smoother at higher speeds. The stock seat didn't make it out of the dealership......they actually threw in the retro seat as it was on the bike at the time.......so if anyone wants/needs a stock seat I'll hook you up. Bars are next to go......replacing with the fat mini apes and mirrors with internal signals to ditch the front turn signals......I'll post pics when this has been done....should clean up the front end quite a bit......no coin for the chrome controls though.......anyone have any insight on V& H Fuel Pak versus PC III....I went V&H with the Big Shots staggered and the Ness Big Sucker.......definite difference but wondering if PCIII would have made more sense????
Good colour choice but ..... [sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 01-12-2007, 09:03 AM
skips69
Tourer

ORIGINAL: azmcdude

so if anyone wants/needs a stock seat I'll hook you up. Bars are next to go......replacing with the fat mini apes and mirrors with internal signals to ditch the front turn signals......I'll post pics when this has been done....should clean up the front end quite a bit......no coin for the chrome controls though.......
Those "ugly, fat stock seats" thatalot of folks seem todislike so muchfor the Custom are going for some pretty good money on ebay. They're selling for more than it costs for HD's chrome switch housings (hint, hint). And, they're selling for about the same price as a complete aftermarket kit - chrome switch housings, master cylinder, levers, etc. Might sell that seat and getthe chrome you're needing.........Good luck either way, you're on the way with the new bars already.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Twolf
Road Master

Hi, people!

This is my newest bike, just got her on October 14. Still kinda stock, need intake, pipes, bigger bags (those are my old ones from the Superglide), and a console speedo/tach. WHY Harley does not put a combo speedo/tach on their factory bikes puzzles me...

Mo' money, maybe? Hmmmm.

Anyway, as soon as I saw this color in the showroom, I fell in love! hehe! Knew I'd never need ta alter or add to THAT! (IMHO)

As far as the seat goes, I DIG IT! The BEST factory seat I've ever had! (My babe likes it, too! A major plus!)

OK, I need some input from you people. (Please?)

First, which pic ya like best. I'll use that one for my sig pic.

Second, and more important, I am looking forintake/exhaust components. Been a while since I've bought anything, and technology has changed radically. I've been doing some preliminary research, but am open to suggestions. Intake, good flow at a good price.
Exhaust, prefer slip-ons, but may go for a full system. Top end is not as critical as maintaining some solid bottom end and midrange torque. Sound, about halfway between stock and obnoxious. LOL!

Thank you for your replies, and I hope you like the pics!

See ya!

[IMG]local://upfiles/23398/04EDDB969D674269A992DDD4A5BB3920.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23398/33D57F689DC14F13857D78C51C0D7CC7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Twolf
Road Master

One more pic, sorry, this system is messing with me...

[IMG]local://upfiles/23398/200E37E32AFD4D3893C9E75F94CA4494.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-14-2007, 11:01 PM
coolhand3537
Advanced

Very nice TWolf! IMHO I like the last photo best, that blue sure is sharp! I was torn between the two-tone, and black myself. The dark side eventually won!! I'm shopping for pipes as well, lookin at the V&H Short shot staggered's, but wondering how loud they'll be being that short, ahh well, time will tell...

Jim

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures