Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Greensboro NC

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 02:36 AM
cweiss
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Greensboro NC

Any Greensboro NC riders on here?
I am just looking for folks who like to ride. Me and My girl are tired of hanging with
drunks who are more worried about riding local to get back home to the whiskey bottle than riding...LOL

We are just looking for other laid back people to take day trips with maybe hit a cool place to eat etc...

Old 11-27-2014, 07:51 PM
strtglde11
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey cweiss, I'm not far from you...just about 50 miles south in near the Uwharrie National Forest. A few friends (5 or 6 bikes) usually take 4 or 5 day trips a year to the mtns and beach for lunch and back. Usually no drinking and a whole lot of riding. Myrtle Beach, Calabash, N. Myrtle, Chimney Rock, Blue Ridge pkwy are the place we ride most. Most ride Harleys but doesn't matter to us what anyone rides. PM me sometime and we'll see if our riding is what you are looking for.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:35 PM
ScottA320
Advanced
Received 30 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just a few miles north of Greensboro. My wife and I both ride and have a small group we typically ride with in the Greensboro area. We're going to try and get out this Saturday for a couple hours. If you'd like to join us send me a PM and I'll let you know what our plans are.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Mello03
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumping an old thread here. I was planning on selling my bike, but I decided not to. If anyone has any info on some small groups or places to catch an organized ride I'd be appreciative. I guess I just need to join the local hog group at GSO HD or Smokin. Anyone have any opinions on either. Just the wife and me usually head out on our own. Not from here and none of my buddies ride

Old 10-11-2015, 07:56 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 449 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Mello03
Bumping an old thread here. I was planning on selling my bike, but I decided not to. If anyone has any info on some small groups or places to catch an organized ride I'd be appreciative. I guess I just need to join the local hog group at GSO HD or Smokin. Anyone have any opinions on either. Just the wife and me usually head out on our own. Not from here and none of my buddies ride
this might be sacrilegious...but... check out Greensboro Indian/Victory on north Church.... Monty is a cool guy, and they DO ride to interesting places.
Solo wise... 1/2 hour outside of town, you have great roads, the BRP is an easy day's ride, or long week end.. or even a week long vacation,if you add in the many side roads

Riding with folks is fun, when things are "right" not so much other times

Old 10-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Mello03
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I hear ya. We're hoping to find a small group to ride with occasionally. Headed to Little Switzerland and then over to Brevard this coming weekend if the weather stays good. Great riding around here for sure!

Old 01-02-2016, 12:59 AM
EJ122763
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Guys,
The wife and I live in Asheboro. We're new to riding and would enjoy finding a small group who likes heading out for some weekend day trips.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:16 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 449 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by EJ122763
Hey Guys,
The wife and I live in Asheboro. We're new to riding and would enjoy finding a small group who likes heading out for some weekend day trips.
well you just missed our annual new years lunch ride to golden corral in asheboro.....riders from across NC and up to Roanoke VA....weather sucked, but we still snuck in Old Liberty...

Old 01-08-2016, 09:21 PM
EJ122763
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
well you just missed our annual new years lunch ride to golden corral in asheboro.....riders from across NC and up to Roanoke VA....weather sucked, but we still snuck in Old Liberty...
Believe it or not we were there??? It was the closest place to get greens and black eyed peas, but we weren't on the bike because of the weather. Saw several bikes, but wasn't awear of what group it was.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:32 PM
black n white
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Between two of us, to four or five, ride every couple of Saturday's or so here in Hickory/Morganton. We have started trying to hit historical sites, waterfalls, old mills, and the likes. Great group of guys who ride, not bar hop, (guess we're all too married for that). Wouldn't mind others joining in at all.

Quick Reply: Greensboro NC