Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

VA Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 07:18 PM
VB2KDH
Road Master

Received 225 Likes on 80 Posts

Va. Beach. 23456

Old 09-01-2015, 08:03 PM
TooSlow
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

King George

Old 09-02-2015, 02:02 PM
agueybana
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Rattle the Runway Ride is a great event open to all, this next Sunday September 6th, you do NOT need to register and there's NO registration fee; just show up!

Attached Thumbnails VA Roll Call-untitled.png  

Last edited by agueybana; 09-02-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Sethcat
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey guys where are there biker friendly bars in the nova (fairfax county) area? I grew up here and I'm in town visiting my folks for the week.

Old 09-09-2015, 04:18 AM
Gnarl78
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sethcat
Hey guys where are there biker friendly bars in the nova (fairfax county) area? I grew up here and I'm in town visiting my folks for the week.
Patriot's Pub & Grill on Fairfax Blvd. and Kilroy's in Springfield on Braddock Rd. at the I495 Beltway.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:39 PM
kkinderen
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin from Front Royal here.

Thread's getting on 9 months old and lots of introductions. Any rides actually occur from this thread? I saw a couple of cool invites.

I enjoy riding around PA, western MD, VA and WV.

Things are starting to get chilly and bikes may be put away for a while. Would mind meeting up for a ride or even just a bite to eat as we cross paths. My and my bud (a GWer) put on about 300 to 500 miles a weekend (usually Sunday).

Maybe there should be a Virginia crew section with so many people checking in? It would be a bit easier to coordinate things or just blast out a trip at the last moment.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:58 PM
BYOBkevin
2nd Gear

Fredericksburg here. I usually hit Skyline about 10 times over the course of the year. (If you have a $40 season pass you can get 2 motorcycles in)

I'm still planning one last trip up there this year to try and hit the peak fall colors. If anyone else is trying to ride Skyline let me know.

I'm hoping next year to hit the Dragon's Backbone.

Also for all those in the Fredericksburg area my friend opened up BYOB Garage last summer, It's a community DIY motorcycle shop. We have 6 professional lifts with complete tool sets. Oil changes with Amsoil products. A tire changing station that you can learn to change your own tires. If you need parts Dave can order them. If there is a job you may not be able to do there are also Pro mechanics that you can reserve to help you fix the problem at a substantially lower cost than just dropping it off at a mechanic. There is also winter storage available with the option of unlimited bay time to work on your ride to get it ready for next year.

So check out the link above and if you are in the area stop by and check it out. In the "News" section of the website is a link to some great BYOB deals to get new customers in to do some wrenchin'.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:29 AM
kkinderen
Road Master

I may be up for a Skyline ride. I have the pass and only used it once this year. This Saturday would be out but could tag along about any other time. I assume you start up in Front Royal? How far down Skyline do you like to run?

Old 10-15-2015, 05:25 PM
BYOBkevin
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by kkinderen
I may be up for a Skyline ride. I have the pass and only used it once this year. This Saturday would be out but could tag along about any other time. I assume you start up in Front Royal? How far down Skyline do you like to run?
Last weekend I started out heading up 17 to Warrenton then 211 west to 522 north through Orlean & Hume going west on 55 to Front Royal. South on Skyline all the way to the 33 interchange west back to the 'Burg.

Skyline Drive, October 11, 2015

I'm booked up this weekend. But I might try for next weekend for one more ride.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:49 PM
kkinderen
Road Master

Let me know. I'm here in Front Royal. I often meet a couple of riding buddies (one on a GW) up in Brunswick, MD then head back down this way for the roads. I think the next couple of weekends are going to be great as far as scenery/foliage goes. Definitely feel the chill coming on.

If you stay on 55 through FR towards Strasburg you'll see Ft. Valley Road to your left. It's a good ride that ends near 211 (via Egypt Bend or Bixler's Ferry) and a decent way to make a round trip out of Skyline.

Quick Reply: VA Roll Call