Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

HELP! Looking 4 VERY Small Town. GA/VA/Carolina's

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 09:59 AM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Hard Ride
There are so many small towns in the Southeastern US...I believe it to be a treasure of the US...I tour a lot of three day weekends and can find no reason to leave the southeast...when I go on vacation I go to the far north or out west but I always miss the valleys of the deep southeast...
I agree. I'm from a SMALL town in WV. Has the oldest covered bridge in the country(Philippi, WV). VA/WV and South has these towns all over the place. And the good thing about them, you may stumble upon them while out and riding but for everybody else, they'll never see it. And when you do, you'll remember them for months or even years later on.

Do I sense a nice spot for an engagement/wedding OP?

Old 03-15-2015, 04:06 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,331 Likes on 10,702 Posts

Originally Posted by OneGearhead
I agree. I'm from a SMALL town in WV. Has the oldest covered bridge in the country(Philippi, WV). VA/WV and South has these towns all over the place. And the good thing about them, you may stumble upon them while out and riding but for everybody else, they'll never see it. And when you do, you'll remember them for months or even years later on.

Do I sense a nice spot for an engagement/wedding OP?
My friend OneGearHead, there is a HUGE smile on my face. And it is not bcs of a morning ride without my bike.

I rode up in that area and went into a local store on a small hill overlooking the village square. As I walked thru this small town gasa station type very old store and looking down at the ground between the planks of wood in the floor, I heard the clip clop (the sound of my boots not horses) on the wood.

I was in love.

When we rode off, there was the proverbial large blvd in the center of the town square where they would have a band, pig show contest thingy, etc..... and it was all GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

I so wanted to find that location again. I have it in my mind, but just can't find it.

Would LOVE to ride thru there but this time STOP longer. See if I can rent a house for my wife and others that may want to join us.

Been married over 30 yrs my friend so I see your line of thinking figuring it was a good place to get hitched. It IS. But those are also great places to go to with an early cup of coffee in ur hand and to kick back.

BuzzCap7

Old 03-15-2015, 05:23 PM
WoodButcher66
Club Member
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Sounds a lot like the area I am from. Abbeville, S.C. Abbeville county has several little towns including the county seat that would meet your description.
Holla if you come to town and I'll take ya for a tour.
Kevin

Old 03-15-2015, 05:46 PM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by WoodButcher66
Sounds a lot like the area I am from. Abbeville, S.C. Abbeville county has several little towns including the county seat that would meet your description.
Holla if you come to town and I'll take ya for a tour.
Kevin
Thanks Kev! I just looked up where u r and it is only 2 hrs form I-77 and 1 hour from I-26 BOTH roads I travel a lot.

When I do my annual ride around the USA/Canada, I end it coming down from New England to florida. 2 wks later I go back up to New England, stay for 10 days and come back down again so there should be ample time to meet up with you.

I have to say, you have "butcher" in ur name. Hmmm, I do carry and am way above average with marksmanship under pressure to give u a heads up. LOL!

The area where u r looks GREAT for riding. And Savannah river really branches off a LOT!!! WOW.......I was unaware of that. Harder to find a corpse there. I mean, it is good to meat meet you. LOL!! I so funi!

I wrote you down to contact you if I can. Will be coming thru the area about late July. Then again a few times in August.

Sounds great my friend, thank you for the suggestion.

BuzzCap7

Old 03-15-2015, 08:00 PM
wmnrider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bit more Central South, Lorman, MS and Port Gibson, MS

Old 04-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Joe Dirt 14
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
G'day mates,

I am looking for a very small town in the S.E. that is "QUAINT".

VERY small population.

VERY remote.

Has 1 "corner store" type place.

Has the OLD gas pump. Maybe 2 pumps in the gas station.

Everyone knows everyone.

Has a small rectangular area in the center of town with where you would show off your prize pig. Have a barbershop quartet, a gazebo nearby, find of place.

Opey would be at home here. The kind of place where the city clerk is also the water dept., elec, department, and the justice of the peace.

If u know of a place like this.........could u give me the name of this place/s, an address thee, or a latt/long?

Georgia, the Carolina's, or Virginia if possible.

B4 u say this type of place does not exist "no more no more", I rode thru one a few years back and I just can't place where it was.

Thank you!!

BuzzCap7
lots of small towns like that around MT.AIRY nc. WILKS COUNTY, SURRY COUNTY. Located at the foot hills of the blue ridge mountains

Old 04-06-2015, 07:12 PM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by Joe Dirt 14
lots of small towns like that around MT.AIRY nc. WILKS COUNTY, SURRY COUNTY. Located at the foot hills of the blue ridge mountains
Thanks JD14, I'm on it. Checking it out right now.

BuzzCap7

Old 04-10-2015, 08:45 AM
rezrider
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bryson City, NC Surrounded by National Park, still feels like it did 45 years ago. Also check out Nabers Drive in, curb service and burgers straight out of the sixties.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:59 PM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by rezrider
Bryson City, NC Surrounded by National Park, still feels like it did 45 years ago. Also check out Nabers Drive in, curb service and burgers straight out of the sixties.
thank you. I am looking all over the town. Do you know if there is a place to get gas on a hill. When you go into pay you are going into what appears to be a log cabin or a fully wooded structure?

Does that ring a bell?

BuzzCap7