Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Ozark Mountains Ride - Aug 4 to Aug 14

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 07:55 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Received 213 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Ozark Mountains Ride - Aug 4 to Aug 14

The subject like says it. I have the Arkansas travel and tourism info on the way.

Can my Arkansas and Missouri friends recommend routes ... thinking generally speaking .. come in on 40, loop and zigzag catching as much as possible the head back out on 40.

Once the route is established. Id like to plot the sleep locations at KOAs cabins along the way. Make the trip cheap using KOA cabins. .. really just need a place to hang the helment and wash the .... body.

Thanks !!
Chris

Old 12-22-2016, 05:54 PM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Howdy Brother.....Here's some ideas to start you on your journey...Not sure if you have a specific destination in Arkansas or just sight seeing..

If you are coming in on I40 all the way to Memphis, you could take I55 north to I555 then over to Jonesboro and take US 412 across the top part of AR.. from 412 you can access Missouri off US 65 from Harrison to Branson MO or come across to Eureka Springs AR. All roads in this area are a great ride and those headed south all the way to Mena. Stay North of I30 for most of your ride. some of the great roads are SH 21, 23,7 16, old 71 out of Fayetteville, SH 88 on the Talimena scenic road, SH 28, and 27. Not sure about KOA but there are camping areas around Bull Shoals lake, and most of the National Forrest areas and also Mount Magizine. Hope this helps...

Old 12-23-2016, 05:42 PM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Do yourself a favor and get one of these......
https://www.butlermaps.com/motorcycl...ps/ozarks-map/

Old 12-25-2016, 09:42 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

thanks fellas.

I do have the Arkansas Tourism maps ... pretty decent .. but I like to talk to the local folks because you can get some insight that the maps dont give you .. for instance .. staying north of I30 ..

Appreciate the feed back. Very helpful and will help me setup the route to hit as much of he state as possible. From what Ive heard from folks riding the Ozarks, riding there is just as good as here i NC.
thanks again
Chris

Old 12-25-2016, 09:53 PM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes sir....hope to get to NC one day: back to my origins from what I found out.....

Old 02-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Marked Wayne
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just stumbled across this thread. I'm a little late to the party but if you're looking for a nice route from Arkansas into southwest Missouri the 125 is FANTASTIC and little traffic. Catch it off of the 14 just north of Dodd City AK. It will take you all the way to Fair Grove MO, north of Springfield, but the best parts are between Bull Shoals Lake (there is a nice, short ferry) and Sparta. It is all good but that stretch is really sweet with lots of beautiful scenery and nice twisties. I've done a lot of the "must ride" rides in the lower 48 and this is a little hidden gem.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:58 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Thanks Marked .. good stuff .. one of my buddies wants to Branson .. so 125 might be doable. He used his time share to get us a place up near Eureka Springs. Cant beat the price with an ugly stick. $144 for 7 days. We will have to get a hotel for 1 night. Sweet huh ?

Old 08-15-2017, 10:47 AM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Well Im back. Great ride. We stayed on Holiday Island.

Best road in my opinion. 125 out of Sparta MO to AR 14.
Pig trail ok to .. basically all the roads we were on were great. Mainly nice sweepers.

Some of the cages are a little slow. And it seemed that the slowed even more as we approached.
Another thing was Eureka Springs was hopping on Friday and Saturday. We went back down there on Sunday .... holy crap .. the pulled in the sidewalks. Not a sole around.

But I would recommend NW Arkansas / SW Missouri to everyone.

There was on incident on the way out.
Not so good incident during the ride out

Nashville
Raining pretty good.
Rush hour
Six lanes
I’m leading in the 3rd from the left
Here comes a compact car in the lane to my left.
He gets ahead of me by about 200 feet.
He starts to hydroplane.
He starts to spin.
First spin in my lane.
Other 2-5 spins towards the divider/wall.

PS. Stop at next exit to clear panty waste