Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Sanford NC area

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 08:51 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts
Default Sanford NC area

I'm about tired of living in the frozen North. NE Ohio. On Lake Erie. **** ton of snow. Cold as hell.

Where I work has a division in Sanford. Been looking in the surrounding areas. Just me the wife and 4 dogs. Im.ok with manufactured homes so long as they're on a foundation. Not blocks.

What's the area like? Crime?

The wife is a nurse so there is likely a job there for her somewhere. Want to be away from people. I don't want new construction. And I want to spend less than 100k.

That sound do able there? Plan to pay cash for the house as we own this one outright. So selling this one will pay for that one.

Thanks.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:01 AM
TonyPep
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm from Apex NC, not sure what you can get for 100k, check local real estate. Crime should be low, been here 5 years, great weather, nice people, some rednecks but there harmless if your nice I guess. Much better than the Kaos from up north. Check out Garner, Angier, fuquay varina as well. Good luck.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:25 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,380 Likes on 808 Posts

Great weather here to ride all year round. I am west of Sanford along the SC boarder. Less people, some good some bad but people down here are definitely different. This is the bible belt.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:14 AM
Crashone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 192 Posts

Sanford is not far from Ft. Bragg in Fayetteville. Housing runs the gambit as far as prices. Look at sites like Zillow and realtor.com.
Lots of medical places in the area so your wife could find work.
Raleigh/ Durham is a 45 minute or so ride from there.
Take a map and draw a radius around Sanford as far out as you want to commute and start digging. Lots of open country out that way.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:51 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 449 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by RFG
I'm about tired of living in the frozen North. NE Ohio. On Lake Erie. **** ton of snow. Cold as hell.

Where I work has a division in Sanford. Been looking in the surrounding areas. Just me the wife and 4 dogs. Im.ok with manufactured homes so long as they're on a foundation. Not blocks.

What's the area like? Crime?

The wife is a nurse so there is likely a job there for her somewhere. Want to be away from people. I don't want new construction. And I want to spend less than 100k.

That sound do able there? Plan to pay cash for the house as we own this one outright. So selling this one will pay for that one.

Thanks.
Sanford, like ANY town... has good and bad parts.... but, it is in a nice area to ride.... if you like curvy country roads, some hills, but not much.... check out prices away from town....Best thing I could suggest is come down for a week end, and check out houses, and commutes
After living in Ohio.... you'll find NC is a year round ride.... well MOSTLY... ice storms, the occasional snow storm, or hurricane.... figure 45 weeks a year +/-
BIG cities, like Raleigh, and Charlotte are close enough for a night out....but far enough away to keep down the traffic

good luck

Old 03-10-2017, 08:19 PM
CalypsoNotch93
Road Master
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Lots of area around Sanford. Look into Pittsboro. Would be halfway between UNC/Duke and Sanford. Its about to be a fast growing area though, so i'd stay outside of town.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:12 AM
bufbills
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

No problem with 100k for a manu home land and setup. Look for land in Carthage, Vass, Cameron, etc. Moore regional hospital would be a good place for your wife to look at for work. I came down 23 years ago and never looked back.