Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Outer Banks Rally

Old 01-24-2010, 05:25 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Outer Banks Rally

Anyone been to the Outer Banks Rally?

What's it all about? Good time? Fill me in. Never been.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:33 AM
catlkn
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I want some info from someone who has been as well. We are thinking of going this year since MB is a complete waste of time now .

Old 01-25-2010, 03:07 PM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been out there three years prior and already have motel reservations for April. We usually ride in on Thursday and stay until Sunday. The Outer Banks have a lot of history so there is always somewhere to see if you like to do that. The lighthouses are an attraction as well as the Wright Bros. memorial. Carrolla is where the wild horses live on the beach good luck seeing them though. There are many different kinds of establishments (bars, restaurants, ect) that have events planned during the week. Plenty of places to ride and plenty of places to eat and drink and be merry. I have never been disappointed yet and look forward to going every year. It seems to be getting larger each year we go out there. Here is a link....http://www.harleybay.com/custompage.asp?pg=bikeweek
Hope this helps.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:29 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 449 Likes on 244 Posts

Less of a "rally" than a bunch of dealerships having an open house on the same week end. Although there is a campgroud with a "rally vibe". Lots of nice places to chill out, most of the stores/eateries are opening for the season, and the bikes are welcome.
Lighthouse tour is pretty good, but be mindful of the traffic, as you may have to wait a while for the next ferry.
Pretty good time all in all.
We stay at a buddy's beach house, in Duck. real nice.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
Old 01-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Bonzo27524
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hoping to make this years rally. Looks to be a great time-anyone from the Raleigh/Smithfield area going?

Old 01-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Mike Kett
Intermediate

Going to make room reservations this week. Looking at Holiday Inn Express in Kity hawk. Can anyone who has been tell me if this is decent location?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catlkn
Yeah, I want some info from someone who has been as well. We are thinking of going this year since MB is a complete waste of time now .
I don't think MB is a complete waste of time now. There is plenty to do outside MB and the people are nice and they want and appreciate the business we bring there. the ******** in MB are the ******** in MB...we don't need them or their **** to have "MB Bike Week". I'm gonna keep going just to **** them off.

I asked about the Outer Banks Rally solely for a change. I have been to MB 10 times in 5 years.

Attached Thumbnails Outer Banks Rally-dscn0181forhdforum.jpg  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:16 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going for the first time this year, Nags Head motel had two bedroom cottages on the beach for $75 a night, this ralley is a week before peak season rates so the price was 1/2. Don't expect anything like Laconia but Laconia doubles rates for bike week. I go mostly for the ride, time to try something new.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:26 PM
cmcelrod
Cruiser

I have been for the last 3 years, they have had problems with the city in the past so everything has been really spread out, not a lot of venders, maybe 10 at the dealership, and 15 at vertigo tattoo, great riding and great eats in the area though, it is a very small rally that is supposed to be bigger this year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Outer Banks Rally