Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

The Toolbox Shawnee, OK

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Cheeto
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Toolbox Shawnee, OK

I'm looking for a decent indy to go to when the bike needs to be worked on. An older guy at a U-Haul shop gave me the card to a place called the Toolbox in Shawnee, OK. Any of you guys ever been there or had work done by the guy running it? Any opinion welcome.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:40 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheeto
I'm looking for a decent indy to go to when the bike needs to be worked on. An older guy at a U-Haul shop gave me the card to a place called the Toolbox in Shawnee, OK. Any of you guys ever been there or had work done by the guy running it? Any opinion welcome.
I've been there quite a few times, an I'd be happy to share with you. Darrin owns the place, and goes by "Toolbox." He's a great guy, stands behind his work 100%, and his prices are great. He's been working on my Softail since '06, and is one of the only people I trust to touch it.....He built my 113" for me about 1.5 yrs ago.

Last edited by beaureed445; 07-23-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:58 PM
toolbox
Road Master

Thank you for the referance beaureed445! Its always been a pleasure to work with you. Cheeto, feel free to drop by my shop anytime M-F 8-6. I would be glad to meet you.
RIDE SAFE GUYS

Old 04-02-2012, 02:17 PM
drocksylmc
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the toolbox

hey all this is Drock, for anyone wondering about the Toolbox in shawnee stop! just take your bike there i couldn't recommend anyone higher! Toolbox is a hell of a guy and knows his stuff! im proud to say hes a friend of mine and anytime i had anything that i needed done hes absolutely the one id take my bike to without hesitation! Drock

Old 09-17-2014, 11:59 AM
Chap58
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chap58

Originally Posted by Cheeto
I had $2876.46 worth of repairs done to my Harley Davidson fxdl on 8-14-14. I accepted and approved every suggestion that was suggested to me by Darrin. On 9-16-14 I was advised my scooter had been test drove and ready for me to pick up. I picked up my scoot and on the way home it spit and sputtered all the way. I called Toolbox and was advised to return it to them. In route back the transmission started screatching and I advised upon getting there. It was test drove by two employees, one being Darrin the owner . When he returned I was advised the transmission now needed rebuilt. I did have them change the fluids in the bike prior. I left Toolbox walking. In route back to Harrah The Lord gave me a message to preach. " Does God want you to ride a scooter or is satan in The Toolbox?" I would suggest prayer before taking your bike anywhere for repairs. God bless. Chap58

Old 09-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Cheeto
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Chap58
I had $2876.46 worth of repairs done to my Harley Davidson fxdl on 8-14-14. I accepted and approved every suggestion that was suggested to me by Darrin. On 9-16-14 I was advised my scooter had been test drove and ready for me to pick up. I picked up my scoot and on the way home it spit and sputtered all the way. I called Toolbox and was advised to return it to them. In route back the transmission started screatching and I advised upon getting there. It was test drove by two employees, one being Darrin the owner . When he returned I was advised the transmission now needed rebuilt. I did have them change the fluids in the bike prior. I left Toolbox walking. In route back to Harrah The Lord gave me a message to preach. " Does God want you to ride a scooter or is satan in The Toolbox?" I would suggest prayer before taking your bike anywhere for repairs. God bless. Chap58
Ok, thanks for that.

This thread kinda got dug up from the grave so I'll give an update. I never did get to use The Toolbox before moving to Alabama but Darrin seemed like a straight shooter on the phone and his prices were some of the best I've heard. If i'm ever in OK again I'll give him my business.