Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Texas...Titling Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Johnny_Deuces
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems the market is flooded with used HD's.

Anyway found a bike in the Southwest that is really a can't pass up deal. The seller is a-little paranoid, old nervous guy. Plus I think he really needs money.

He says he still owes about about 4500 and wants a total of 8000 for the deal. His lender bank is not local. I offered to take the day off and drive him to where ever it is, if it's in state. I don't want to lose this deal.

The guy is really paranoid in general life, not to mention about me stealing his bike or ripping him off (I am not there in my life). He is really not into finding away to make it happen, I think bill collectors or something else has him the way he is.

Bottom-line...Any suggestions I can make to him or for me to help this sale happen. I am not giving anyone any cash till we are signing a title over at the tax assessor office.

please post helpful information

What a pain in the ***, not like years ago, got it by using a broker. Many years have gone by and I'm back in the saddle.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-04-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:58 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny_Deuces
Seems the market is flooded with used HD's.

Anyway found a bike in the Southwest that is really a can't pass up deal. The seller is a-little paranoid, old nervous guy. Plus I think he really needs money.

He says he still owes about about 4500 and wants a total of 8000 for the deal. His lender bank is not local. I offered to take the day off and drive him to where ever it is, if it's in state. I don't want to lose this deal.

The guy is really paranoid in general life, not to mention about me stealing his bike or ripping him off (I am not there in my life). He is really not into finding away to make it happen, I think bill collectors or something else has him the way he is.

Bottom-line...Any suggestions I can make to him or for me to help this sale happen. I am not giving anyone any cash till we are signing a title over at the tax assessor office.

please post helpful information
Not sure if it helps or not but;

I don't get why he's so paranoid about selling a bike. He either wants to sell the bike or he doesn't. Really doesn't matter where he lives or where you live. This kind of situation would make me nervous too but from a buyer's perspective. Sounds to me like he might be trying to screw the finance company and you'll get caught in the middle of it with no bike and no $8k.

All things considered, I would walk away from it.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Don81
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Like you said, the market is flooded with used HDs. There's another one out there.