Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FuelPak FP3 and its use in an engine conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Vhcsr
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CFL1995
Over the next few months I'm going to be converting my iron 883 to a Hammer Performance 1250cc kit. Now I already have a stage one kit on the bike. Exhaust, air cleaner, and the Vances and Hines FuelPak FP3.

I'm going with just a basic conversion. New cylinders, new pistons, and STOCK 883 heads. I just don't have the money to port my heads and i'm happy with just the basic conversion.

Vance and Hines just released fuel mappings for the Screamin Eagle 1200cc kit. This consists of 1200cc cylinders, and heads made for the 1200. Im thinking I can Put the 1200 mapping on the the 1250cc kit and then auto tune it for the 50cc variance with the kits. Would this be too drastic of a change for an auto tune? What do you guys think.
The conversion maps are available now with many other features. You can alter the displacement to suit your needs, under the engine displacement tab. Change that value to 76.279 cubic inches (1250cc). And you can also change the camshaft to what you have as well (if different). Once all these changes are made and flashed into the bike, then you would initiate an AutoTune session to bring it all together.

The true power of the FP3 is its ability to be updated for requests such as these. We work diligently to bring more features and power to the end user. If ever in doubt you can always contact customer service.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Sw1
Road Captain
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

My understanding was that the FP3 would not adjust timing and was a fuel only product. This is why I am waiting on an FP3 style of the powervision.
edit:
I just went to the FuelMoto site and they recommended not to use the FP3 for big bore kits and aftermarket cams.

Last edited by Sw1; 12-09-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Vhcsr
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The following are the tables available within the FP3.

Air/Fuel:
front/rear VE,
AFR,
throttle progressivity (primary and secondary)
Throttle table switchover gear
Acceleration,
Deceleration,
F/R charge dilution,
Closed loop range,
closed loop activation temp,
closed loop deactivation temp,
Map load normalization,
intake valve opening/closing angles,
Adaptive control min temp
Spark:
F/R spark,
spark vs. engine temp, spark vs. air temp,
spark vs. head temp,
adaptive knock retard,
max knock retard,
knock control activation temp,
knock control deactivation temp,
idle spark gain,
idle spark max,
F/R closed throttle spark,
Closed throttle spark max tps.
Performance mode:
PE afr,
PE spark,
PE disable rpm,
PE enable RPM,
PE disable TPS,
PE enable TPS,
Startup/Idle:
cranking fuel,
warmup enrichment,
iac crank steps vs. temp,
iac crank to run,
iac warmup,
idle rpm.
Active exhaust
First gear
Second gear
Third gear
Fourth gear
General:
Rev limit,
injector size,
MPG adjustment,
engine displacement,
Gear ratios (first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth)
System switches:
ACR,
Jiffy stand,
active intake,
active exhaust.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:23 PM
CFL1995
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sw1
My understanding was that the FP3 would not adjust timing and was a fuel only product. This is why I am waiting on an FP3 style of the powervision.
edit:
I just went to the FuelMoto site and they recommended not to use the FP3 for big bore kits and aftermarket cams.
The fuelpak FP3 is definitely more capable than it was when it first came out. It was a basic tuner when it first launched.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:19 PM
entheos
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have to change the ignition with this upgrade or did you just to the autotune with the fuelpak?

Old 08-12-2019, 10:38 AM
darthxrinzler
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Vhcsr
The conversion maps are available now with many other features. You can alter the displacement to suit your needs, under the engine displacement tab. Change that value to 76.279 cubic inches (1250cc). And you can also change the camshaft to what you have as well (if different). Once all these changes are made and flashed into the bike, then you would initiate an AutoTune session to bring it all together.

The true power of the FP3 is its ability to be updated for requests such as these. We work diligently to bring more features and power to the end user. If ever in doubt you can always contact customer service.
What would you use for Hammer Performance's new 1275cc kit?

Old 08-12-2019, 11:02 AM
aswracing
Road Captain
Received 520 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by darthxrinzler
What would you use for Hammer Performance's new 1275cc kit?
You should absolutely ask the engine kit vendor which tuner he recommends, whoever you get your engine kit from. They know best what works well with their kit.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:38 PM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Received 272 Likes on 205 Posts

And the correct answer is : PV (whatever that means)

Old 08-13-2019, 11:03 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRod917

And the correct answer is : PV (whatever that means)

Not for me,

I think the PV is good for the trashcan, I prefer the FP3 more then that shitty piece of crap, btw I trow the PV away a few months ago it was the same as wiping my as with 500 bucks

Old 08-13-2019, 01:13 PM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Received 272 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
Not for me, I think the PV is good for the trashcan, I prefer the FP3 more then that shitty piece of crap, btw I trow the PV away a few months ago it was the same as wiping my as with 500 bucks
Maybe u had an issue with the PV module itself, dying on you suddenly or the screen broke etc etc.. but there is no denying the fact that the DynoJet and it's WinPV software environment is simply the best. From it's editing to sharing n ease of use on a PC, no wonder the tuner shops love it (and not just because the company built their chassis Dyno as well)..The Fp3 is very limited in its use.

It could have been a great product..but V&H are limiting it cos of their close loop corporate mindset. So I have given up on them finally. If Hammer Performance above said "u should ask the engine builder/kit provider what tuner to use"..he means it..and 99% of them will tell you the same "Get the PV, even fuel moto.

I have tried requesting n suggesting V&H to fix some major flaws and improve the Fp3's app environment or provide a PC software for 2 years. And nothing's happend, not even the Fix's.

You can see this for a fact in the pic below and the link to the thread..read my previous posts in this thread which have the comparisons and my email from back in '17(post #83). Hope this let's you know more abt what is going on under the surface. Cheers

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vance...3-have-10.html

Last edited by HotRod917; 08-13-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Quick Reply: The FuelPak FP3 and its use in an engine conversion.