Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 883 Hammer Performance 1250 Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 08:57 PM
chris_b_owens
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Von_Zipper
1-5 are great choices (hope you are not getting adjustable push rods).
6 and 7 suck big time.
If you are willing to spend all that money, why are you going for an inferior product when it comes to fuel management!?
Hmmmm inferior compared to what? Dan at Hammer Performance suggested this as the tuner I use.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:14 PM
MSP Dan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris_b_owens
Thank you. It was fun before...now its gonna be down right dangerous....I cant wait to get it back together.
"Downright dangerous" is JUST my game. Hell, I've got one whole leg that ain't ever been broke yet.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Von_Zipper
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Hmmmm inferior compared to what? Dan at Hammer Performance suggested this as the tuner I use.
Dan at Hammer? Dan who?

Alright, the choices you have made suggest you want performance.
Exhaust (up to 25%) and air intake (up to 7% in high RPM range) give you most boost, yet you do not mention any of these.
OTOH, all piggyback devices that mangle your EFI are cheap (and not very reliable solutions).

In general, I suggest you do your homework before you start fiddling with your EFI.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:41 PM
chris_b_owens
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Von_Zipper
Dan at Hammer? Dan who?

Alright, the choices you have made suggest you want performance.
Exhaust (up to 25%) and air intake (up to 7% in high RPM range) give you most boost, yet you do not mention any of these.
OTOH, all piggyback devices that mangle your EFI are cheap (and not very reliable solutions).

In general, I suggest you do your homework before you start fiddling with your EFI.

Dan Norlin is the guy who owns Hammer Performance and does the head work.

I have selected the parts for my bike base on both looks and performance. Yes I can get a couple extra horsepower if I go with the Defender exhaust that was on the bike, but I don't like the way it looks. There are a lot of ways to get the bike to go faster and faster at the expense of looks. I think for me there is a balance. I want a cool looking fast bike and this one will be both. I will be going from 45 ish hp to close to 100 that will be plenty for me. I am not trying to set records.

I have done my fair share of research on this and the way I understand a piggy back system is one like my FuelPak where it remains plugged into the bike bypasses what the ECM tells the bike. The Powervision is not like that (at least from what I understand) It uses the O2 sensors to determine fuel ratios and then you flash the ECM then you remove the PowerVision. Once removed the ECM continues to use the either stock or wideband O2 sensors to regulate the ratios with the new flash.

If you have some knowledge and would like to share then by all means go for it I am admittedly a novice at all of this. Simply telling me my choices are inferior isn't very helpful. I could be completely wrong about all of it but a guy who without a doubt knows his stuff suggested the PV so that's what I got.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:10 PM
JB'R
Tourer

He's just upset you didn't use a thundermax tuner.

Nice bike dude. But if you posted this thread after you received the heads it would've been nice.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:30 PM
chris_b_owens
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JB'R
He's just upset you didn't use a thundermax tuner.

Nice bike dude. But if you posted this thread after you received the heads it would've been nice.
Lol who knows. Anyway thank you. I debated doing the whole thing when it was done but I couldn't help it. I sent them out today so hopefully it will be around mid January and I will be putting it back together.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Zanejjnelson1
Cruiser

Your build has probably been one of my favorite reads around here, even dating back the last 2 years! When I originally bought my Iron I wanted to do literally exactly what you have done with pretty much the exact same parts! Glad someone's dream is coming true with their bike! I traded up to my 48, but still really want to push towards the cafe' style with it big time. I'm sure you have your laptop already out to the other thread on here but another guy put his 1250 together step by step also with pic's throughout. If you haven't found it already post it up I'll find it again for you, I think it was Parabellum's build? Granted I'm a college student wishing to be able to do this but being broke, whats your day job man? I know a lot of guys on here probably thinks its stupid to spend so much money on "bolt-ons" and the cosmetic stuff but what you're putting together will be an awesome one off that is totally your own exactly the way you want it! Be proud man you're doing an awesome job, enter that bad boy into some local bike competitions once you finish it!

Old 12-18-2014, 12:39 AM
chris_b_owens
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Zanejjnelson1
Your build has probably been one of my favorite reads around here, even dating back the last 2 years! When I originally bought my Iron I wanted to do literally exactly what you have done with pretty much the exact same parts! Glad someone's dream is coming true with their bike! I traded up to my 48, but still really want to push towards the cafe' style with it big time. I'm sure you have your laptop already out to the other thread on here but another guy put his 1250 together step by step also with pic's throughout. If you haven't found it already post it up I'll find it again for you, I think it was Parabellum's build? Granted I'm a college student wishing to be able to do this but being broke, whats your day job man? I know a lot of guys on here probably thinks its stupid to spend so much money on "bolt-ons" and the cosmetic stuff but what you're putting together will be an awesome one off that is totally your own exactly the way you want it! Be proud man you're doing an awesome job, enter that bad boy into some local bike competitions once you finish it!
Thanks a lot man! I am really proud of this build. People say what they say. RSD stuff is great quality and great design (in my opinion). Everything "bolts on" no matter who makes it. I have a lot of custom stuff too. Not to mention the motor work. I have put a ton of work in this bike.

If you can find that link please let me know. I love looking at detailed threads.

My day job is that of an Air Traffic Controller for the FAA at Oakland Air Route Traffic Control Center.

Thanks again for the compliments. I am glad you like it. Hopefully you can get yours built soon.

I hope to have a photo shoot and get some pics out there. I guess we will see where they go.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

Thanks a lot man! I am really proud of this build. People say what they say. RSD stuff is great quality and great design (in my opinion). Everything "bolts on" no matter who makes it. I have a lot of custom stuff too. Not to mention the motor work. I have put a ton of work in this bike.

If you can find that link please let me know. I love looking at detailed threads.

My day job is that of an Air Traffic Controller for the FAA at Oakland Air Route Traffic Control Center.

Thanks again for the compliments. I am glad you like it. Hopefully you can get yours built soon.
Now that explains your **** attention to detail.
Nice thread.
I'm reading this thread as I stand 20 feet from a 757 doing high speed engine runs.
Appreciate the job you guys do in the tower.
I'll post some pics taken this morning with a 757
Sucking water off the ground into the engine.

Attached Thumbnails 2013 883 Hammer Performance 1250 Install-20141218_073051.jpg  

Last edited by Guzzi; 12-18-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:29 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Guzzi
Now that explains your **** attention to detail.
Nice thread.
I'm reading this thread as I stand 20 feet from a 757 doing high speed engine runs.
Appreciate the job you guys do in the tower.
I'll post some pics taken this morning with a 757
Sucking water off the ground into the engine.

"Sucking water off the ground into the engine"...
reminds me of a gal I knew in high school...

Quick Reply: 2013 883 Hammer Performance 1250 Install