Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 05:25 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I can't comment on the price, but I'd like to see all the stuff that has been taken off included as part of the sale!

Old 12-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Sandy H.
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Sportsters don't seem to bring top dollar. When you search that area it returns quite a few to choose from.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/sear...uery=sportster

Around here they are a dime a dozen and lots of them are listed below book. For some reason all the big twin listings are at or above book but I don't see them selling either. I guess these dealers are content to have the big twins sit around so they can look at them instead of selling them.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Scorp76
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the input. Why I cam here. I didn't want my desperation to get back on to a bike to cloud my judgement.

There's another bike I'm looking at dyna that's all done up as well. This guy actually INCREASED the price by a 1000 but really like how it's set up.

Definitely something to think of.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:53 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Scorp,

I would like to humbly disagree with the negative comments above, about the mods, and ridden hard and 1/2 price.

Do you have your license yet? Did u ride the bike? I assume not.

I would ride it first, if that goes well I would pay dealer or a mechanic to inspect it for me. From what I have found the asking price is very close to market value, and you probably can bring it down somewhat, depending on what the mechanic tells you or cancel it altogether.

I hear you about the flames and I probably wouldnt put them on mine but I have to say that's one of the better looking flame jobs I have seen on a bike and its kinda in harmoney throughout the bike and I like it actually.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:57 PM
Scorp76
Cruiser

Odd, I haven't ridden it yet, haven't seen it yet. Still need to talk to my bank. I've had my M endorsement for awhile.

I'm thinking too since he's had for sale for awhile now I could talk him down a bit. As much as I'd like a SG it's out of my budget.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:33 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Guzzi
I would have to pass on this one. NADA and Kelley Blue book are like MSRP sticker on a vehicle. Who the hell pays MSRP on anything these days?
Plus the mods look terrible.
The only people who pay "full book" are people who are uneducated, (which the OP is taking care of by getting his education here! ), and a buyer who really, really wants that particular bike.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Scorp76
Cruiser

Yea, I would never pay full price. The fact it's been on since I think October with no sales makes me think he'd be desperate to sell and cash talks so...

Old 12-21-2014, 07:16 PM
backplay
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

To me the bike has the look of rode hard put away wet. It just doesn't have the look of a well cared for bike. The thunder headers being wrapped is a big turn off. Top header makers will tell you that is a drag racing trick and not meant for the street, as it slowly causes the pipes to disintegrate. As others have said, the flames are a personal choice and can easily be changed.

The price is a bit high though, I'd keep looking.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:18 PM
PTSDBob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by enginesludge
If you really love the look than that is fine. If you decide to resell. You maybe in for a rude surprise. I would not buy it for 1/2 the asking price. What I see is a poorly coordinated collection of mods that just dont work. I think you could do a lot better for $6500.

2011 sportster $6k FROM A DEALER, no less.

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcd/4814247154.html

Old 12-21-2014, 07:22 PM
PTSDBob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default also….

.. the selling of a 'perfectly good bike' is one way of 'selling your sins' and letting the next guy fix what you have screwed up. Used bikes should be purchased either from a dealer (with a warranty), or from an individual that you know (or a friend knows..) Don't buy someone else's problems……..

Quick Reply: Thoughts?