Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed: Primo Rivera LED Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 06:16 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by deeznutz
Quick question: Did you have any issues adjusting the aim? I installed this too, but I can't seem to get a good a good high beam "spot" to aim on the adjusting line (35" high from 25' away). Not 100% happy w/ the lighting so far...I know it needs adjusting, but my high beam "spot" isn't defined enough to adjust the aim per the service manual. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Mine seemed to adjust ok and I've been very satisfied with the result. I found the high beam much more focused in front, sort of like a football shape with a flat bottom.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:24 PM
deeznutz
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kngpn
Mine seemed to adjust ok and I've been very satisfied with the result. I found the high beam much more focused in front, sort of like a football shape with a flat bottom.

Appreciate the quick response! So you're seeing the high beam focused spot at 25'? You know how you're supposed to adjust your headlight against a wall at 25', 35" high? I'm just not seeing that focused football shape 25' away...it's too diffuse. While riding, I can see the football shape, but its not at the right distance...it's almost at the point the low beams should be. The low beams are giving me more light to the side than in front. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if the light is defective.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:19 AM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Appreciate the quick response! So you're seeing the high beam focused spot at 25'? You know how you're supposed to adjust your headlight against a wall at 25', 35" high? I'm just not seeing that focused football shape 25' away...it's too diffuse. While riding, I can see the football shape, but its not at the right distance...it's almost at the point the low beams should be. The low beams are giving me more light to the side than in front. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if the light is defective.

yeah mine seems ok. I basically marked out the 25' in the driveway, put a board down and brought the front tire to it. Then I used paint tape on the white door to make my adjustments. Wish it wasn't so cold so I could do pics. I think I'd give Primo Rivera a call and see what they think.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:19 PM
sroc3
Road Captain

I adjusted mine this way:
Put it on low beam and the part closest to you will have a very distinct "line" where the light ends. What you do is adjust the light position until that line blurs a tad. Then when you snap on the high beam it should at a perfect distance. This got me the most out of my light. I just wish the darn low and high beam stayed on when you turn on the high beam. This would be ideal. The current version of the Daymaker does this.

Note - as I mentioned in my original post, for true night riding and to be safe you'll still need good, auxillary driving lights. Like the Denali D2. They're just so damn expensive.

Hope this helps

Old 03-10-2015, 12:00 AM
cripple
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the glass protrude further forward than stock? I have a headlight grill and wanna be sure it fits.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:46 AM
sroc3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cripple
Does the glass protrude further forward than stock? I have a headlight grill and wanna be sure it fits.
No it does not. If it's off by a millimeter I'm not that sure. But from stock to the new LED the curvature of the lens is the same.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:11 AM
deeznutz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sroc3
I adjusted mine this way:
Put it on low beam and the part closest to you will have a very distinct "line" where the light ends. What you do is adjust the light position until that line blurs a tad. Then when you snap on the high beam it should at a perfect distance. This got me the most out of my light. I just wish the darn low and high beam stayed on when you turn on the high beam. This would be ideal. The current version of the Daymaker does this.

Note - as I mentioned in my original post, for true night riding and to be safe you'll still need good, auxillary driving lights. Like the Denali D2. They're just so damn expensive.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try.
I agree with you, I wish the low & high beam stayed in high beam mode, but $400 bucks for the Daymaker, plus $60 for the required shell/insert to make it fit the 06 Street Bob was just too much for me.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:25 AM
dtaylor00
Tourer

You are all so technical. I adjusted mine by loosening the nut just enough until it was barely movable and went on a long night ride. Every so often I'd move it up or down until it was perfect for me, then locked it in place.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:08 PM
sroc3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dtaylor00
You are all so technical. I adjusted mine by loosening the nut just enough until it was barely movable and went on a long night ride. Every so often I'd move it up or down until it was perfect for me, then locked it in place.
.....or you could do just this I love the forum.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:52 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

was telling a friend of mine with a 48 about it
and was wondering where are you guys finding this for $200

Quick Reply: Installed: Primo Rivera LED Headlight