Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Iron 883 to NRHS 1250 KIT Power vision

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 02:36 AM
itsBenyo
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Iron 883 to NRHS 1250 KIT Power vision

So i know there are many people with probably the same iron 883 with all of the same modifications.

2013 iron 883
Vance and hines short shots
After market air cleaner an so on.

So i did the NRHS 1250 kit with no headwork did myself, pretty simple installation.
Installed the Andrews N4 Cams.
Upgraded Clutch Spring.
Dynojet Power vision.

I emailed dyno jet for a tune for these specific upgrades, but they only send a Base make for a 1250. I don't understand why they wouldn't have a tune ready that has been dyno tuned and ready for someone to just upload it to their powervision.

So then i emailed NRHS because its their kit and so many people with the same bike as mine wanted more power. I would think they get plenty of emails for maps with the same upgrades.

when i first emailed them i did not have the cams installed and dan from nrhs emailed quickly an said they did not have a tune for just the 1250 kit without cam upgrades but had one with the andrews n4 cams, so i think he just sent a base map.

so a couple weeks later I upgraded the cams because we were emailing back and forth and was convinced to buy the cams and emailed him again, did not receive a email for 2 days for i tried again. He then sent a map an up loaded it to the power vision an i was getting crappy gas milages an my engine was running really hot.

I then checked the map information and it was for XL1200 With Thunder Header 2into1. I emailed him to see if it was a mistake but i haven't received a response.

So i decided to just switch back to the base 1250 map. i really don't want to spend all the money to get it dyno tuned.

Theres gotta be someone out there that has a map for me.
Help me out...

Side question:
(when i have the clutch pulled in in first gear and i just roll on the throttle quickly there is a pause for a second and then it revs, sometimes it will pause then rev with a loud *** pop.) whats up with that??

Last edited by itsBenyo; 01-23-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:29 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by itsBenyo
i really don't want to spend all the money to get it dyno tuned.
Then IMHO you are not finishing the job off properly! All that effort and cost invested and you are prepared to spoil the ship for a cents worth of tar. What is it about a dyno tune that you don't like?! Let us help you understand and help.....

Old 01-23-2015, 08:39 AM
itsBenyo
Stage IV

I don't not like the dyno. I will eventually get the head work done (when i have the money to do so), and i dont wanna spend money on the dyno twice. An if Nrhs already has a map for my set up i would like to run it for the mean time. but have not gotten a response from them.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:51 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I don't understand not liking the dyno - it's your friend, enabling a tuner to adjust your bike throughout the rev range and optimise it's performance! Done it twice on my Glide, with excellent results. You really should get it done as soon as you have some initial break-in miles on it, then leave well alone until you have your heads done. Makes no sense to put it off.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:41 AM
phelan
Advanced

Dan is out of the shop today through the weekend picking up a bike in AZ (or NM, can't remember). He will be back Monday.

Old 01-24-2015, 12:47 PM
dbuzzell
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I believe I have a couple of base 1250 maps that hammer sent me when I did my conversion. They aren't spot on but will get you close enough to basic tune with your powervision. This is what I did until I got head work & cams done. Just pm me with an email address & I'll try to get them out sunday

Old 01-25-2015, 01:02 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

One of the benefits of getting a Power Vision from us is free lifetime "Maps/Tunes".

Even if you got it elsewhere, email us at Support@DKCustomProducts.com and put my name (Kevin) in the subject line. We will get a good base tune for your set-up emailed out to you.

You can then use that to do some "auto-tuning".

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Ployd4
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't the PV have an auto tune feature. There are too many variables to a map. Exhaust, air filter, head work cams, etc. you are asking a lot to find a map that is the exact same as your setup. I would get a dyno done if I invested that much money. Usually if you need to get an update on the dyno a year or so later they charge you a lot less.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:48 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by Ployd4
Doesn't the PV have an auto tune feature. There are too many variables to a map. Exhaust, air filter, head work cams, etc. you are asking a lot to find a map that is the exact same as your setup. I would get a dyno done if I invested that much money. Usually if you need to get an update on the dyno a year or so later they charge you a lot less.
Yes, the Power Vision has a Basic "AutoTune" feature...see HERE.

His set-up with the-

NRHS 1250 conversion
Andrews N4 Cams
Short Shots
Outlaw 587 A/C

is a fairly popular configuration. Getting a good base map/tune for it is not a problem. Then using the "autotune" feature to get it dialed in to his riding style and conditions is as easy as pushing a few buttons on the touchscreen and riding.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:44 PM
itsBenyo
Stage IV

Originally Posted by dbuzzell
I believe I have a couple of base 1250 maps that hammer sent me when I did my conversion. They aren't spot on but will get you close enough to basic tune with your powervision. This is what I did until I got head work & cams done. Just pm me with an email address & I'll try to get them out sunday
not sure how to pm you dbuzzell.

Quick Reply: 2013 Iron 883 to NRHS 1250 KIT Power vision