Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade my 2000 BMW M5 for another Harley!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 04:01 PM
PumpinIron
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Trade my 2000 BMW M5 for another Harley!?

I'm potentially looking to trade (or sell) my BMW M5 to pick up another Harley. Why on earth would I want to sell a 400hp, 6 speed sedan that absolutely blows you away when you drive it? Well, it's pretty simple actually.

We've got a daughter (and another on the way) and this car simply takes up too much of my time (and money). I want to get another Harley because the BMW just breaks the bank. It doesn't need anything, but the more it sits in my garage the more tempted I am to blow thousands and thousands of dollars on performance parts I DO NOT need. With a bike I don't have that constant temptation!

The BMW is amazing, but these cars cost money to own. I'm not going to sugarcoat it one bit. I've owned 10 BMWs in my life (all M cars) and while the engines will indeed run forever, when you need a part (especially a performance part) you can expect to play BMW premium. I guess the upside to all this is that these motors regularly go for 300k plus miles with proper maintenance.

Anyways, enough rambling: I'm looking for another Harley, I've owned several Harleys before and I think I'd like to own another. It would have to be a fuel injected bike, and I'm only really interested in unmolested (unless they've been tastefully modded) Nightsters or Forty Eight models (I prefer the black out look, not chrome).

My car can be found here:
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4894524273.html

Don't let the mileage fool you, my car is in AMAZING shape, I kid you not. The interior is a solid 9.5 out of 10 (honest to god) and the exterior is free of dents, dings, or any paint damage. This car is really, really clean.

Oh, and let me finish by saying that not only does the V8 sound absolutely amazing under wide open throttle, it also gives you the biggest **** eating grin you can imagine when you put the pedal to the floor.

Anyhow, if you're interested contact me through my CL ad or shoot me an email at chris@digitalskydesign.com

Last but not least, I'm located in Portland, Oregon, so you'd have to be at least somewhat close to make it work.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-23-2015, 04:47 PM
John Harper
HDF Community Team
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,126 Posts

What did that car sell for new? Good looking car for sure.

Luckily, most the Harley mods I've seen come in at most the "thousands" level rather than "thousands and thousands."

Good luck.

John

Last edited by John Harper; 02-23-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:51 PM
TheMakani
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good choice, id deff prefer a bike over the bmw
i used to have a 2006 740li. i felt like a rockstar driving it, but the up keep cost was ridiculous. one of my headlight bulbs burnt out and the dealership quoted me $300 for just the headlight bulb! i was able to find it for less and only spend $175, on just a bulb.
i realized i couldn't afford to drive like a celebrity and got rid of the car
good luck with finding a bike

Old 02-23-2015, 09:35 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Okay … but TMI in that CL post. And regarding the “pansies” reference, I don’t recall ever seeing that before in an ad from somebody trying to actually sell a vehicle. Nice way to turn people off ... good luck.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:03 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by PumpinIron
I'm potentially looking to trade (or sell) my BMW M5 to pick up another Harley. Why on earth would I want to sell a 400hp, 6 speed sedan that absolutely blows you away when you drive it? Well, it's pretty simple actually.

We've got a daughter (and another on the way) and this car simply takes up too much of my time (and money). I want to get another Harley because the BMW just breaks the bank. It doesn't need anything, but the more it sits in my garage the more tempted I am to blow thousands and thousands of dollars on performance parts I DO NOT need. With a bike I don't have that constant temptation!

The BMW is amazing, but these cars cost money to own. I'm not going to sugarcoat it one bit. I've owned 10 BMWs in my life (all M cars) and while the engines will indeed run forever, when you need a part (especially a performance part) you can expect to play BMW premium. I guess the upside to all this is that these motors regularly go for 300k plus miles with proper maintenance.

Anyways, enough rambling: I'm looking for another Harley, I've owned several Harleys before and I think I'd like to own another. It would have to be a fuel injected bike, and I'm only really interested in unmolested (unless they've been tastefully modded) Nightsters or Forty Eight models (I prefer the black out look, not chrome).

My car can be found here:
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4894524273.html

Don't let the mileage fool you, my car is in AMAZING shape, I kid you not. The interior is a solid 9.5 out of 10 (honest to god) and the exterior is free of dents, dings, or any paint damage. This car is really, really clean.

Oh, and let me finish by saying that not only does the V8 sound absolutely amazing under wide open throttle, it also gives you the biggest **** eating grin you can imagine when you put the pedal to the floor.

Anyhow, if you're interested contact me through my CL ad or shoot me an email at chris@digitalskydesign.com

Last but not least, I'm located in Portland, Oregon, so you'd have to be at least somewhat close to make it work.

Thanks in advance!
Just tske it to the dealer or sell it on ebay.

I wouldn't trade a bike for a 16 year old high reving engine with 167k miles owned by a young dude. Thats asking for problems.

Besides. That bike might make your incoming child fatherless but, 11000 grand invested now might ease the college burden in 18 years.

Last edited by cvaria; 02-26-2015 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:38 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria

I wouldn't trade a bike for a 16 year old high reving engine with 167k miles owned by a young dude. Thats asking for problems.
My dad once told me many years ago. When shopping for a used car go through all the radio pre-sets. If they're set to rock n roll stations......chances are the transmission is shot

Old 02-26-2015, 08:03 AM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rog48
My dad once told me many years ago. When shopping for a used car go through all the radio pre-sets. If they're set to rock n roll stations......chances are the transmission is shot
Good advice, but sadly it’s getting tough to find a rock station anymore.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

I hear that. Atlanta is like the 6th largest metro area in the country.........not a single good rock station. Several dozen rap and pop stations though.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:27 AM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member

I just heard that Taylor Swift may be writing a new song.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:54 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,116 Likes on 2,674 Posts

One of the angrier sounding ads I've read for sure. I think you're going to turn a lot of people away.

Quick Reply: Trade my 2000 BMW M5 for another Harley!?