Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Led h4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:47 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by awilson40
hey, if ya blind em then at least the 'I didnt see him' defense wont hold water
did you get yours yet? i know you ordered before me.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:34 AM
awilson40
Road Warrior

Received 1,392 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
did you get yours yet? i know you ordered before me.
Yes I did, I just havent installed it yet. I plan to on Saturday

Old 03-26-2015, 10:35 AM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Both of the new headlight bulbs are hot on our website now.

Click HERE to see them.

On the LED bulb, there is a 10% savings coupon that you can use between now and March 27, 2015.

While in checkout, use:

Save10

in the coupon code field to get 10% off.
Just ordered...Forgot to use the Coupon Code...Oh well. Still worth it.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:52 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by TenMidgets
Just ordered...Forgot to use the Coupon Code...Oh well. Still worth it.
the winning continues

Old 03-26-2015, 11:01 AM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
the winning continues
Yeah I am s l o w l y spending some money on this bike. Bought the Thunder Torque Qs 158s Did not quiet the bike as much as I thought. May have to pull the baffles and wrap them.

Come to think of it I may have a set of quiet baffles from my last Slip Ons,,,,Hmmm Bought some flatter forward pegs and a $39 Sissybar bag,

The previous owner "decorated" (or desecrated) the bike with Willie G Skulls. A few of Those have to go. Skulls are so cliche.

Waiting for Bike Week to look at a few solutions to make the bike fit better,

The spanner help the ride, A LOT..Set on #3 No more jarring over small bumps.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:46 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,504 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by TenMidgets
The previous owner "decorated" (or desecrated) the bike with Willie G Skulls. A few of Those have to go. Skulls are so cliche.
Yeah I had mine for awhile now. Been meaning to change 'em out. Now if I could just get rid of that tat!

Attached Thumbnails Led h4?-sporty1.jpg   Led h4?-sporty2.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 01:51 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by RKZen
Yeah I had mine for awhile now. Been meaning to change 'em out. Now if I could just get rid of that tat!
Agreed,

Skulls, naked women pictures, bullets, fire, live to ride, ... all that "high class" crap has no place on my bike.

That seat is nice!

Old 03-26-2015, 03:32 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Installed mine yesterday. VERY fast shipping form DK Customs. I haven't had a chance to take it out on the road but i can say its a very bright headlight even on low beams. When this crap weather clears i see just how bright under real conditions and not in my garage.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:52 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Eisentreiber
So, the direct comparison of Sandy's and DK's high/low beam comparison pictures at 25 ft distance seem to tell the story: unfortunately, the LED elements of the replacement bulb are not properly centered to the geometry of the H4 bucket reflector, so you're unable to establish a correct low beam cutoff.

This is sad to see, because watching this thread I had the hopes we would have a feasible solution at hand. From a regulatory standpoint, bulbs and reflectors are certified together, and exchanging bulbs with different types (same like attempting to run a Xenon bulb in a H4 reflector) does not only fit badly, but also voids street-worthiness of the vehicle and thus rids you of your insurance. No idea if such holds true in the US, but the same is definitely the case over here in Europe.

The technical reason, however, is reflector geometry, and blinding oncoming traffic is a serious drawback that can put lives at risk. Pity, but a clear no-go IMHO.
This in no way voids your motorcycle insurance or makes your bike unsafe. LEDs and HIDs are common on newer vehicles and yeah they are downright blinding if in fact you look directly at them. If you drive at night its common sense to not look directly at any oncoming light source. More so than not most riders drive during daylight hours and these LD bulbs are far more visible than halogens. For what its worth most the mods to my bike are not DOT approved

Old 03-26-2015, 04:36 PM
awilson40
Road Warrior

Received 1,392 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
This in no way voids your motorcycle insurance or makes your bike unsafe. LEDs and HIDs are common on newer vehicles and yeah they are downright blinding if in fact you look directly at them. If you drive at night its common sense to not look directly at any oncoming light source. More so than not most riders drive during daylight hours and these LD bulbs are far more visible than halogens. For what its worth most the mods to my bike are not DOT approved

Ya never know, He's in Germany. They have a lot different regulations over in Europe. I laugh every time I see the hoops the guys in England have to jump through on Wheeler Dealers to get a car road legal. Makes California look like a non regulatory state

Quick Reply: Led h4?