Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers (+Amp) recommendations for Sportster XL1200C

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 09:56 AM
Maturola
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers (+Amp) recommendations for Sportster XL1200C

Hi Everyone...

Searching around and wasn't able to find many recommendations on speakers for the sportsters, a lot of info on the 6.5'' for the biggers brothers..

Anyways, I'm looking for advices and recommendation, preferably from people which own the recommended system.

I would love to have a couple of nice sounding speaker on the handlebar, by nice I mean they don't have to be super loud or be able to fuel a party, but something I can hear while cruising around town at 40 - 50 mph.

Also I hate that very fine high pitch sound some speakers have, I like to be able to get at least some base (low) out of the speakers.

Budget, would be around $200ish

So far I was looking at Pyle PLMCA70 800W, but reviews are mixed. I also looked at the sharks options, but it seen that the quality is not really there for those.

I really like the Soundstream PN4.520D, but I'm not sure what speaker to match it with. Pyle PLMCS32 400 W maybe?

looking forward to some feedback.

Thanks

Old 04-24-2015, 04:03 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

It's just my personal opinion, but why junk up a nice Sporty with all the extra hardware and wiring?
If you live in Ga. you're in a helmet state.
If you're the average person today, you have a smartphone.
Why not just get a decent set of Bluetooth helmet speakers and pair them with your phone?

Then you'll be able to hear your music, even with loud exhausts and at highway speed.
You'll also not ****-off people around you that don't happen to agree with your choice of music.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Maturola
Novice

Originally Posted by cHarley
It's just my personal opinion, but why junk up a nice Sporty with all the extra hardware and wiring?
Why not just get a decent set of Bluetooth helmet speakers and pair them with your phone?

Then you'll be able to hear your music, even with loud exhausts and at highway speed.
You'll also not ****-off people around you that don't happen to agree with your choice of music.

thank you for the feedback, I appreciated. However I don't think is safe to drive with earplugs. I've had tried it and it is not for me. I really rather have a set of speakers.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:21 PM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by cHarley

I have to agree with cHarley. Had a redneck on a full dresser behind me at a traffic light earlier this week playing some crappy tunes at full volume.
It was just as annoying as some ghetto hood rat playing rap at the same volume. Bluetooth or ear buds are a much better option in my opinion.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Maturola
Novice

Originally Posted by Guzzi
I have to agree with cHarley. Had a redneck on a full dresser behind me at a traffic light earlier this week playing some crappy tunes at full volume.
It was just as annoying as some ghetto hood rat playing rap at the same volume. Bluetooth or ear buds are a much better option in my opinion.
Thank you for the reply, I understand many prefer ear buds. I am not one of them. Just looking for some opinions and experiences on those which prefer speakers.

Last edited by Maturola; 04-24-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:36 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Maturola
thank you for the feedback, I appreciated. However I don't think is safe to drive with earplugs. I've had tried it and it is not for me. I really rather have a set of speakers.
I didn't say anything about earplugs, I said helmet speakers, they are completely different.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

UClear Bluetooth products are priced right and work well. The wife and I both use them for road trips. Easy to take phone calls and switch back to music.
http://www.uclear-digital.com/product-cat/power-sports/

Last edited by Guzzi; 04-24-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:16 PM
Maturola
Novice

Originally Posted by Guzzi
UClear Bluetooth products are priced right and work well. The wife and I both use them for road trips. Easy to take phone calls and switch back to music.
http://www.uclear-digital.com/product-cat/power-sports/
Thank you for the Link, however I use a open face bucket style helmet, not really interested on helmet speakers or changing my helmet.

Maybe i'm the only one that would like to have speakers on the sportster, and that's ok I was just wondering if anyone had done it and which way they went.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:44 PM
jpbutler1983
Tourer

for the record... you should get a full face helmet since 34% of all impacts on crashes on are the chin area... which currently you're not protecting.

And THEN!!! you could get helmet speakers! Two problems solved.

Nothing but love man - want to keep you safe and alive so we can keep seeing you on the forum.