Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Classic Solo - Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:26 AM
sroc3
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Corbin Classic Solo - Installed

I came from the stock seat.....
To the HD Reduced Reach Solo....
To the Mustang Daytripper Solo....(ouch)
Back to the Hd Reduced Reach Solo.....
Then finally to the Corbin.

Went for a short 40 min ride last night and here are some thoughts: It's a firm seat but does not hurt and has great support. Still needs to break in a bit so we shall see. The corners/ridges of the seat that contact the backs of my thighs creates a fairly uncomfortable pressure....but this should be better after the break-in period according to customer support. Worst case is I send back for free modifications. I opted for the black colored sides and a "Bomber Jacket Black" leather seating surface. Fit and finish is 1st class. Very impressed and their Customer Service is amazing. I'm looking forward to what the seat feels like after 200 miles Enjoy the pics!

Last edited by sroc3; 05-05-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Chicagogirlie
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corbin Solos

Hey there

Has it broken in any? It looks nice on your bike.

I took your recommendation and ordered a Close Solo Corbin seat about a month ago and it arrives Monday with a backrest as well. I am coming from the Super Reduced Reach HD seat. I went on my longest ride to date yesterday on the Super Reduced Reach and wow was I sore. I had to take breaks every now and then because of that and the vibrations at high speeds on my knees which I've had surgery on.

Anyways, I'm nervous and excited about getting the new seat...I really hope it works for me.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:59 PM
sroc3
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicagogirlie
Hey there

Has it broken in any? It looks nice on your bike.

I took your recommendation and ordered a Close Solo Corbin seat about a month ago and it arrives Monday with a backrest as well. I am coming from the Super Reduced Reach HD seat. I went on my longest ride to date yesterday on the Super Reduced Reach and wow was I sore. I had to take breaks every now and then because of that and the vibrations at high speeds on my knees which I've had surgery on.

Anyways, I'm nervous and excited about getting the new seat...I really hope it works for me.
It will take about 500 miles for the first stage of the break in to take place. Then it conforms and softens a little to your behind, as well as the backs of your thighs. It may seem a little uncomfortable at first but stick with it and be patient. At about 1,000 it should be as good as it gets. What's impt to note is that you should ride as often as you can to sit in that seat for the first 1,000. This way there are as little gaps between rides and the foam will have better "memory" of your body.

As for the knees hurting, I would try and find boots wi thicker rubber soles. This cushions the vibrations better and will be easier on your knees on longer rides. Be very aware of your position on the bike. As we age this gets more and more important for comfort. I had to change my bars and get 1 inch risers to put me on the right position cause I have shorter arms and legs. I also have reduced reach controls and had the HD reduced reach seat.....this wall perfect till, like you, I went one longer rides and then "ouch" my tailbone would be throbbing.

Even after I installed the Corbin seat, it raised me up about an inch and then pushed me back around 1/2 inch. I only recently installed 2 inch risers to make things "even" again. Now, my rides are awesome, comfy and just feel right Also, us shorter folk will benefit from learning to use one-leg at stoplights. I've accepted that I cant "have it all" but it's ok....actually more comfy and I'm also at the ready position when the light turns green.

Be patient and listen your body. It will tell you what works best.

Last edited by sroc3; 07-04-2015 at 11:03 PM.