Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision Mounts- anyone find a good source.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 03:36 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Power Vision Mounts- anyone find a good source.

I just purchased a Dynojet Power Vision with Auotune. Since sportster' handlebars have limited space to mount the unit, I am trying to look for someone who has a variety of mount. Dynojet referred me to tech mount and Fuelmoto but can't find anything that will position the unit in the center right above the triple tree just in front of the tank and below the speedometer.

If you have a unit mounted, please post pics. Thank you

Last edited by hscic; 05-16-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:24 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts
Old 05-14-2015, 05:25 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Thanks oddback. If it's not too much trouble, please post pic on where you placed it. Thanks again

Old 05-16-2015, 03:11 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Techmount.com indicated they still have generation 3 mount available (product must have been discontinued) that would place any device in front the tank but it is a bit pricey. They have many different types of mounts for PV, GPS, Cell, cameras, tablets, etc. The newer mounts are not as pricey...just posting the information in the event someone is looking for a similar mount.

#3-30912C
http://www.techmounts.com/products/i...search&x=0&y=0

#3-62030C
http://www.techmounts.com/products/i...search&x=0&y=0

Here are a couple of pics on a bike.
http://www.techmounts.com/uploads/do...n_zumo_gps.jpg
http://www.techmounts.com/uploads/do...in_adapter.jpg

Last edited by hscic; 05-16-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:00 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Thanks oddback. If it's not too much trouble, please post pic on where you placed it. Thanks again
If you spend 100 bucks for that mount we'll have Charley arrest you for misconduct. At the minimum he'll have you take his bike apart and scrub everything till it shines.

Look, the thing is on your bike for 4 days tops and then goes in the drawer and you gonna forget you had it, why does it matter where it's mounted on the middle or not?

The following users liked this post:
TUCCI (02-07-2020)
Old 05-16-2015, 07:07 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

LoL position is a personal preference. $100 for a mount is ridiculous so will use the mount that comes with the unit for now. The position of the unit in your second pic is probably what I will end up with.

Bought a chrome mount that I will use to mount the powervision. It is close enough and at a fraction of the cost of the techmounts.
Amazon.com: Noam M1 - Chrome Motorcycle Handlebar Mount Clamp Universal Fits 99% of Handlebars 7/8 (22mm) up to 1 1/4 (32mm): Automotive Amazon.com: Noam M1 - Chrome Motorcycle Handlebar Mount Clamp Universal Fits 99% of Handlebars 7/8 (22mm) up to 1 1/4 (32mm): Automotive

Thank you for your input.

Last edited by hscic; 05-17-2015 at 04:46 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:49 AM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Why not make a soft-mounted metal plate & legs that you stick-on with good double stick tape, where you want it, which can be repositioned or removed when not wanted/needed any more?

Simple & cost effective.

I doubt you would keep this on the bike full time but where you want it is great for testing, adjusting, testing, adjusting etc, etc, etc.

Good luck.
Dave

Old 05-17-2015, 12:43 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by DavidStiebel
Why not make a soft-mounted metal plate & legs that you stick-on with good double stick tape, where you want it, which can be repositioned or removed when not wanted/needed any more?

Simple & cost effective.

I doubt you would keep this on the bike full time but where you want it is great for testing, adjusting, testing, adjusting etc, etc, etc.

Good luck.
Dave
Thanks Dave, good suggestion. You are correct that I would not leave the PV device unattended for any length of time. Will figure out something to place it in the right position and stable enough to stay on the bike. Thanks again

Last edited by hscic; 05-25-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:24 PM
Outtakes
Road Captain
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

[QUOTE=hscic;14021762]Techmount.com indicated they still have generation 3 mount available (product must have been discontinued) that would place any device in front the tank but it is a bit pricey. They have many different types of mounts for PV, GPS, Cell, cameras, tablets, etc. The newer mounts are not as pricey...just posting the information in the event someone is looking for a similar mount.

I bought the PV from Fuel Moto last year. I tried to use the gear indicator but it would not work I called. I called Fuel Moto and was told its not enabled on the PV. They did not Know when it would be.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:20 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

[QUOTE=Outtakes;14036238]
Originally Posted by hscic
Techmount.com indicated they still have generation 3 mount available (product must have been discontinued) that would place any device in front the tank but it is a bit pricey. They have many different types of mounts for PV, GPS, Cell, cameras, tablets, etc. The newer mounts are not as pricey...just posting the information in the event someone is looking for a similar mount.

I bought the PV from Fuel Moto last year. I tried to use the gear indicator but it would not work I called. I called Fuel Moto and was told its not enabled on the PV. They did not Know when it would be.
Thanks for the update. I removed my HD digital gear indicator because the PV had it. Did your PV show the gear gauge but not display the gear or it was not an option in the vehicle selection as a gauge? When did you update firmware last.

Last edited by hscic; 05-20-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Mounts- anyone find a good source.