Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle II Muffler Part Number

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 01:28 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Only from what I've read , but I have never had a decell pop or bang with the SEll style baffle in any muffler.
The mufflers with a straight through core , whether perforated or louvered , seem to have a decell pop problem that the more redirected cores don't have.
As an experiment , I tried the SEll's with stock air cleaner and no tuner , no decell pop.
Next I tried adding the Screamin' Eagle Air filter setup (hamcan style) with no tuner , still no decell pop.
I have a tuner now , and as of yet never had a decell pop , and still don't.
I can only surmise the exhaust pulse cannot re-enter quick enough through a redirected bafle to produce the dreaded decell pop.
I don't have a decent video rig to post a quality enough video to actually hear them properly.
There are a few on youtube that are pretty good , make sure you listen to a 1200 , they are louder because of the increased volume of air.
This was one of the better videos I found , it doesn't really capture the sound intensity though.
They're not bad out in the open , but get near a concrete wall or car on the right side of you and they really bark.
Mick

Old 05-19-2015, 08:37 AM
JerseyDoug
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyScuba
For '98-'03 Sportsters:
Screamin' Eagle II Baloney Cut 80249-99A
Screamin' Eagle II Slash Down 80290-99A

The SE II mufflers for '98-'03 were available in black, too:
Baloney Cut 80322-99A
Slash Down 80325-99A

For '04-'13 Sportsters, the following part numbers went obsolete in '07 when the Street Performance series were released. The SE II mufflers has Screamin' Eagle II embossed on a muffler. The Street Perfromance slip-ons have "Harley Davidson" on them
Actually, the Street Performance series has Screaming' Eagle on them. At least the set I have does as does the photo of them on the HD. Or am I misunderstanding?

No big deal either way. Very good info. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:50 PM
HarleyScuba
Elite HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyDoug
Actually, the Street Performance series has Screaming' Eagle on them. At least the set I have does as does the photo of them on the HD. Or am I misunderstanding?

No big deal either way. Very good info. Thanks.
Good to know. I guess my memory sucks and I'm completely wrong. I should have looked and double checked. Thanks for the correction. My original post has been edited to state the correct info.

Last edited by HarleyScuba; 05-19-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:18 PM
ripto
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mick
The OD is 3" on my 80424-04 mufflers.
At the bottom of this page shows what the SEll baffle looks like.
http://www.bigcitythunder.com/order-...in-detail.html
The V-Twin mufflers state that they have packing , they would probably be perf tube style , not redirected like the SEll's.
Cycle Shack shows a baffle for late model SE mufflers that look very much like the SEll baffle design.
I'm thinking Cycle Shacks might be a closer match to the SEll style baffles than the V-Twin MFG.

Mick

I'm having a tough time finding a picture of the baffles that come stock in the MXL-130SS mufflers from Cycle Shack... where did you see a picture of a similar muffler?

Old 05-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I have the street performance series on my wife's 07 and then replaced the baffles with the performance baffle from cycle shack and sounds just like the SEII's now

Old 05-19-2015, 05:38 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a pic of the replacement baffle for a MXL-130SS
https://www.denniskirk.com/cycle-sha...prd/H44905.sku
The MXL-130SS is a 2 1/2" side slash slip on setup.
They sure look like the SEll style baffle.
I found through further checking that the 3" series , such as the MXL-330 uses a glass wrapped louvered core instead of the mechanical baffle.
I thought they were all mechanical baffle , but the 3" are not , my mistake.
Cycle shack does make a replacement baffle for late model Screamin' Eagle mufflers that is about a dead ringer for the SEll mufflers if you need more tone from them.
https://www.denniskirk.com/cycle-sha...rd/4403296.sku
These fit the 80205-07 , later model Screamin' Eagle mufflers.
That might clear things up a bit.
Mick

Old 05-19-2015, 07:43 PM
ripto
Road Master

Thanks for the research Mick. I think I am leaning towards the Cycle Shack just because I can't really find any videos/sound clips of the V-Twin mufflers.

This is a good video of the Cycle Shack muffler:

Old 05-20-2015, 10:57 AM
JerseyDoug
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Good to know. I guess my memory sucks and I'm completely wrong. I should have looked and double checked. Thanks for the correction. My original post has been edited to state the correct info.
No worries. I only noticed it because I just (Monday) swapped out my SE street legals for 3" Cobra slip-ons.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:48 PM
rasmith3530
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For '98-'03 Sportsters:
Screamin' Eagle II Baloney Cut 80249-99A
Screamin' Eagle II Slash Down 80290-99A

The SE II mufflers for '98-'03 were available in black, too:
Baloney Cut 80322-99A
Slash Down 80325-99A
My question is, do these slip ons attach using the factory stock muffler bracket? If not, does anyone know the part number for the bracket? I'm looking to buy and install a set of the Baloney Cut mufflers on my 2000 883 Hugger.

Thanks.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:30 AM
ripto
Road Master

Just to give an update... I was leaning towards the Cycle Shack MXL-130SS mufflers but just did a last minute decision change for the V-Twin 80424-04 mufflers. My main reason for going for the V-Twin... aka Wyatt Gatling?... was that these are 3" mufflers, which I think look more proportionally correct than the 2.5" Cycle Shacks. Both seem to have a tone I would like, but the V-Twins sound more like the SE II's I used to have and love. I just hope the balonga cut looks as good as it did on the '98-'03 version. I never recalled being able to see the baffles inside the SE II's... they look more visible on the V-Twin's, so I'm wondering if that will look a little odd. I almost want to get both, just in case.

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle II Muffler Part Number