Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summary of Bassani exhaust installation - Iron 883

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 10:20 AM
nood26
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Summary of Bassani exhaust installation - Iron 883

Hi all!

First of, let me introduce myself, I'm Michel, and since my childhood, I've always wanted a HD. I currently live in a country where it is too dangerous to drive a motorbike and too complicated to get a licence plate on it ==> China. I will move back to my country in Europe within few weeks and very quick after that I will buy the HD of my dreams i.e. the 883 Iron.
I will buy it in Black Mat color and intend to make a few modifications on it starting by changing the exhausts for Bassani Black Sweeper ones (the OG ones looking not black enough for me). But since I'm a beginner, I started to gather some infos on it and I would like here to write them down to make sure/double check that they are right and maybe help those who are also looking for this kind of infos. So here are few infos & questions that I got/have about it:

1) I understood that there are two kinds of Bassani Sweepers exhausts that can be installed on an Iron 883: let's say regular ones AND short shots ones (shorter and more curved). Is that info right?

2) My Iron 883 will be two-seater. As far as I understood, passenger foot pegs wouldn't fit with Bassani Sweepers exhausts so that they need to be relocated. Is that also true for the short shots ones?

3) As for the passenger foot pegs, I saw on some forums that Bassani provides a "relocation kit" to relocate them. Any infos on that?

4) When you install Bassani Sweeper exhausts on your 883, the air intake box cover (made by plastic) is likely to be melted. So that there would be a need to change for a new air filter. Do you have any suggestions for air filters?

5) To me, the Bassani Sweepers exhausts definitely improve the overall look of the bike. How about the gas consumption (does it remain the same)? How about the performance? db level?

6) Is there, according to your knowledges/experiences any other modifications involved in a Bassani Sweepers exhausts that I may have forgotten?

That is all I think...
I would like to thank ahead those who will take time to answer these (too) many questions!

Note: I have few other modifications in mind but I'll create other threads for them.

Thanks again!

Michel.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:01 PM
nood26
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump!